Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off The Ball Official Thread <Mod Note - Post #1, #533, #6651>

1195196197198199201»

Comments

I think this thread will go out as it has existed for much of the last year, which is a pity, as it's not exactly a pleasant place to spend any time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,074 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I think this thread will go out as it has existed for much of the last year, which is a pity, as it's not exactly a pleasant place to spend any time.

Agreed. And I know no one gets any joy from reading much, if any of my content here but I don't see why it should be left to those who only want to be negative. all. the. time.

You made a point yesterday that it will never be what I want it to be and I'd clarify my position slightly in that I don't think it will always be just about discussions raised on the show, and I do agree the focus of the thread is the show itself and as such people are going to be judged, but it all being a constant flow in one direction for what is a successful show riles me.

Agreed. And I know no one gets any joy from reading much, if any of my content here but I don't see why it should be left to those who only want to be negative. all. the. time.

You made a point yesterday that it will never be what I want it to be and I'd clarify my position slightly in that I don't think it will always be just about discussions raised on the show, and I do agree the focus of the thread is the show itself and as such people are going to be judged, but it all being a constant flow in one direction for what is a successful show riles me.

The thread just seems to have become a battle ground for those at opposite ends of a divide and it's the same argument ad nauseam.

I'd agree broadly with your sentiment, but at the risk of repeating myself, I don't believe an individual can redress an actual or perceived imbalance like this as they will just end up falling into the same trap as those they are riled by.

Anyway, hopefully the next thread is less of a cess pit and it has a little more balance.

New thread here

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058195604

Down she goes, like Jack when Kate Winslet pushed him off the life-raft.

Goodbye.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement