Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone insurance

Options
  • 26-09-2012 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

any good companys for insurance???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rockforest

www.mobilecover.ie have mobile insurance for all makes, regardless of network.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Just make sure you actually need this insurance. Most home insurance policies will cover phones as well, accidental damage/loss cover is usually an additional option though...
    edit:
    Interesting read about phone insurance companies: http://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/latest-news/phone-insurance-a-waste-of-money-experts-say-2882533.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

flyguy wrote: »
    Most home insurance policies will cover phones as well

Huh?

From your own link...
    A recent survey by the National Consumer Agency found that five of the nine home insurance companies in the market refused to provide cover for the loss of laptops and smart phones.

Anywho, does anyone recommend gadgetinsurance.ie? from what i've read here, theft cover is not very clear

I am with meteor and can get them to insure my iPhone 5 for €10 a month. gadgetinsurance.ie is much less than that and covers 1 smartphone and 4 devices

Anyone use meteor's insurance? Worth it? I want to get some kind of insurance, definites for me on the policy are accidental damage, theft and a fairly low excess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Yeah realised that as well. Thing is I found that link a day after I posted so didn't change what I originally wrote.
    Anyway I still think that if you have a good home insurance policy with -optional- accidental cover with cover for items outside the house you will be covered (mine does). I think the article refers to standard policies.
    Realised there's another problem though; if you need to make a relatively small claim on your home policy for just loss/theft of your phone, this would affect your no-claims/policy renewal so it might end up costing you...

• Advertisement
Advertisement