Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PiPo U1 Vs Ainol Novo 7 Flame

• 26-09-2012 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi all,

I've been thinking hard on buying a N7 for a while - I'm still a student so even though I know it's great value, the price is still a a bit of a stumbling block. Also, I'd like a HDMI out and the option of more storage, so....

...as an alternative I've been looking at some Chinese tablets and am undecided between the PiPo U1 and the Ainol Novo 7 flame.

Does anyone have any objective review or info on these?
    I can see from the specs that the Pipo has larger battery than the Ainol and that most benchmarks show it performing better. But just wondering if anyone has had one in their hands and could comment...

Cheers,
    Pat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Tango One

Best have a read over at slatedroid. I've an fire/flame for about a month now bar a odd popping noise out of it I'm happy with it. I haven't played any games or anything on it yet though just watch video and browsing etc. Battery life is good too. Review of the U1 aren't great from what I can tell have a look yourself

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/37528-pipo-up-u1/page__st__160

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

I was looking at the N7 also but a guy in work got a flame 7 and its a fantastic piece of kit. He bought fifa12 and he says it plays fine think he might also have dead trigger and theres no problem.

I am waiting to see if the Android transporter app/code is released and if it is I will probably get the N7 but the flame looks the business. The popping noise is barely audible so I wouldnt worry about it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Tango One

Some people think the popping a big deal but it doesn't bother me either. The Fire/Flame just feels a high quality product it really is a bargain.
    The battery in the fire/Flame is actually bigger that the U1 3350MAh V 5000MAh. The only thing going for the U1 is the processor is better. The Cube U23GT is worth a look too.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 patrickowens1

Cheers for the opinions guys... I think ye basically just confirmed what I knew already - Ainol it is!

Any more words of wisdom welcome though - as it's gonna be a couple of weeks before I can order...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

Cheers for the opinions guys... I think ye basically just confirmed what I knew already - Ainol it is!

Any more words of wisdom welcome though - as it's gonna be a couple of weeks before I can order...

yeah the sham in work was saying you need to root it to use Flash player 11 but thats probably common with all android devices but overall he is delighted , he bought it for the youngfella for Christmas and got a load of apps from the sale but he cant stop using it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭gooner99

Was also looking at these 2. anyone report problems with the ainol fire/flame screen packing in. From what I read the flame is the updated version of the fire,is that right.So maybe the screen problem has be solved on the flame?

Advertisement