Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSA Guys.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Evolution1 wrote: »
    Looks bad on the PSA if theyre not vetting properly .. Really shows that it's all money

Have to agree Evolution1, in reality everyone working in the security industry should be vetted. That was the whole idea of the setting up of the PSA in the first place. It does not make sense if there is a loop hole for people to gain entry to this industry through working for a licensed installer.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I don't think you can gain entry. Anyone new must be vetted.
    I think its a case of existing staff not being constantly checked.
    I also vaguely remember something about if you were in the business, and with the same company over 10 years, when the legislation came into place that vetting was not required. Not 100% on this so I stand to be corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

I would hope not. Anyone applying for a licence should be vetted.
    It would be a pain with employees coming and going getting them vetted all the time but it is the industry we work in so it should be done.
    The PSA should be enforcing these checks..

Advertisement