Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

central park job

Options
  • 26-09-2012 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭

iF I to apply for a job in this park and get the job. Would I need to get the working visa or would that be up to them.

It just that they have jobs going.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

It would be up to them.
    Unless you are a noted biologist or similar, I doubt they'd be willing to take on the expense of getting a work visa for you, and thus they would not offer you a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

silja wrote: »
    It would be up to them.
    Unless you are a noted biologist or similar, I doubt they'd be willing to take on the expense of getting a work visa for you, and thus they would not offer you a job.

They did not say I would need to be one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

You'll have to give us more information about the job. You can't just get a visa yourself for a professional job in the US (unless you get a student/graduate visa). The company will have to provide you with sponsorship for the job. There are a few exceptions, like journalist visas, or if the company hired you within Ireland and transferred you over. There are more here

They did say I would need to be in the country for the two interviews

cena wrote: »
    They did say I would need to be in the country for the two interviews

Did you explain to them you have no legal right to work in the USA and they would need to sort you a visa?

• Advertisement

silja wrote: »
    Did you explain to them you have no legal right to work in the USA and they would need to sort you a visa?

YA i DID say it to them.

Maybe they are considering one of the unskilled seasonal workers visa for you then.
    Good luck!

Advertisement