Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

missing thread from BA "Dual Core Android-on-a-stick

Options
  • 26-09-2012 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

So anyone know why the thread in be about the ug802 android on a stick was nuked?
    Full thread title was: Electricals: Dual Core Android-on-a-stick UG802 RK3066 Android 4.0 (MK802 with a dual core) $69 and it went missing a few days back.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I just had a look and it appears that the thread was deleted because the OP was a spammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Zaph wrote: »
    I just had a look and it appears that the thread was deleted because the OP was a spammer.

Hmm OK that's random... but there was a good conversational posts going along with it. I myself picked one of them up and was going to review it.

A mod could have just selected all the posts not made by the spammer and merged then into a new thread? Its not hard to do... Or is that permission too far?

Thanks for the reply!

When a spammer is banned it's common practice to delete all their posts. As this guy was the OP, the first post was deleted and with it the thread. It would not be normal to read through all the threads they've posted on to see if there are posts that could be hived off to another thread because we simply don't have the resources to be able to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Zaph wrote: »
    When a spammer is banned it's common practice to delete all their posts. As this guy was the OP, the first post was deleted and with it the thread. It would not be normal to read through all the threads they've posted on to see if there are posts that could be hived off to another thread because we simply don't have the resources to be able to do that.

Hmmm guess being a "mod" means different things to different admins.

OK, thanks for your answer.

god's toy wrote: »
    Hmmm guess being a "mod" means different things to different admins.

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Any chance of that thread being restored? It had a lot of good information about the product and was good for keeping track of other people's shipping experiences.

Afraid not, as I said once the OP is deleted the thread goes with it.

Advertisement