Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antepost racing

Options
  • 26-09-2012 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Not going to go into much detail, just easy to keep track of the bets, where they are placed, and of course P/L.

Betfred Cesarewitch (Oct 13)

Hurricane Higgins €9.25 @ 19.78 Betfair
    Ermyn Lodge €12.14 @ 43.65 Betfair

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Betfred Cambridgeshire

Mull Of Killough €10.00 34.00 Betfair

Melbourne Cup (Nov 6)

Galileos Choice €10.00 30/1 Bet365

Nulty wrote: »
    Betfred Cambridgeshire

Mull Of Killough €10.00 34.00 Betfair

****, I needed that so badly - I'm so poor :(

Result: 2/35

PL: -€10

Repeater €12.14 @ 16/1 ToteSport

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Not going to go into much detail, just easy to keep track of the bets, where they are placed, and of course P/L.

Hurricane Higgins €9.25 @ 19.78 Betfair
    Ermyn Lodge €12.14 @ 43.65 Betfair

Ermyn Lodge was never going a yard from his wide draw and couldn't make it to the front.

Hurricane Higgins is just unreliable and hasn't done anything over in France.

The softened ground wouldn't have suited wither but they still ran poorly.

• Advertisement

Melbourne Cup (Nov 6)

Galileos Choice €10.00 30/1 Bet365

Ground didn't go Galileos way in Aus, jockey says he wouldn't let himself down in the straight.

Balance - €41.39

Hennessy Gold Cup

Fruity O'Rooney €5 ew @ 33/1 SkyBet (Dec 1)

Coral Welsh National (Dec 27)

Teaforthree €10 win @ 8/1 WH

Hennessy Gold Cup (Dec 1)

Teaforthree €5 ew @ 16/1 SkyBet

Hennessy Gold Cup

Fruity O'Rooney €5 ew @ 33/1 SkyBet (Dec 1)

Just not good enough

Hennessy Gold Cup (Dec 1)

Teaforthree €5 ew @ 16/1 SkyBet

He wanted it softer but put in a decent performance and set up nicely for the seasons big target, the Welsh National.

Balance - €61.39

Teaforthree €5 win @ 8/1 Bet365

Jadanli €5 ew @ 40/1 BetVictor

Looks a bit bigger than he should be. Will be right at home on the ground and is as slow as a boat. Not a very confident choice but stands out at the price.

• Advertisement

Cheltenham Gold Cup

First Lieutenant €10 ew @ 16/1 Boyles

Showed he is capable of improving over the course of the season today and compared to Bobs Worth looks a little bit of value. Bobs Worth is a more likely winner but not by the margin of 16/1 against 5/2. Solid place claims at least for FL.

Aintree Grand National (April 6)

Teaforthree €10 win @ 25/1 WH

There is a concern that he won't fire in tomorrows Welsh national but it's worth taking the shot for relatively small stakes that he will shorten after winning. A nine year old now he is ripe for taking in the Aintree show piece. Bindaree finished 3rd in the Welsh national the year he won at Aintree and he was only 8 at Aintree. There is a worry about descendants of Strong Gale - before last year none of his descendants placed in a Grand National but that stat ended with Cappa Bleu. Hopefully Teaforthree is the one that can win it.

What a race the Welsh National was. Best horse was obviously beaten, obvious cause it is a handicap but we knew that going in. Teaforthree lost absolutely nothing in defeat and remains a very exciting horse in this division. He handled the ground but never counted on a magician nicking the race after the last.

T43 was figthing back at the finish and is sure to go to the Grand National now. He'll get a couple of pounds rise at most but will definitely go to Aintree with a mark lower than 150.

Jadanli was pulled up and goes down as a poor selection.

None of this does any good for my betting account though.

Balance - €86.39

Festival Handicap Chase

Fruity O'Rooney €10 @ 20/1 Bet365

He's shown that 3m is his trip. He didn't stay the extra two and a half in the Hennessy and was out paced for the second half of the race today. The 3m handicap at the festival must be his aim. I think 20s will look good come March.

Aintree Grand National (April 6)

Join Together €5 win @ 20/1 Lads

I think he is the most likely winner of the race. The only concern is his pace. He was fortunate to get heavy ground in the Becher which slowed all of them down and allowed him to keep his position. Hopefully he doesn't get too far back in the National. It'll be his 8th or 9th career start over fences under rules but he is still pretty inexperienced. I'm not 100% sure they are going to run him, he's entered in the GN Trial at Haydock and if he wins that he'll go up from his current mark of 150. Enough pluses to back but enough concerns to go modestly.

Grand National Trial (Feburary 16)

Giles Cross €5 win @ 20/1 (gets in)
    Godsmejudge €5 win @ 16/1 (needs 7 to come out)

This is a really tricky looking race. Great to see Silver by Nature coming back and in the race he won twice in succession. Hard to imagine he will be able to win it on his come back but he is a warrior and could well run very well. The weights will be out before the race so no one will be protecting their mark. I've backed Join Together and Teaforthree for the big one and I'm looking elsewhere for this race which is a different kind of race and so I've picked horses suited to Haydock in the mud.

Giles Cross ran brilliantly in the welsh National considering Victor Dartnalls stable problems. He won this race last year beating the eventual Grand National winner and is up 6lbs for that. 20/1 is a very fair price for Giles Cross.

Godsmejudge runs and jumps like Haydock will be a perfect suit. Flat track and front running style will see him go close. I think he is a bigger price compared to RDB than he should be. He's young and unexposed and may just sneak in. It's hard to judge who will turn up.

Not really ante post now with NRNB, but it's going in here.

Cross Country Chase

Arabella Boy €20 @ 5/1 Boylesports (NRNB)

Always been a fan of this horse. Thought he'd go well in the Irish National last year but disappointed. Looks a CC horse through and through now. Should be up to winning this. Esp with Miss Carberry.

Advertisement