Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Information Systems/ Commerce

Options
  • 26-09-2012 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

anyone here doing these courses? im considering looking into them. is there much marketing involved in them? and is there much accounting? (i love marketing, not so much accounting). however i know accounting is a fundamental part of every business course so i don't mind doing some of it.
    TL;DR: these courses. what aspects are emphasised?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

rg99 wrote: »
    anyone here doing these courses? im considering looking into them. is there much marketing involved in them? and is there much accounting? (i love marketing, not so much accounting). however i know accounting is a fundamental part of every business course so i don't mind doing some of it.

You "TL;DR"ed two lines?
    professorfarnsworth.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I can't speak for Commerce with regards marketing, but I do know that accounting is very much so involved in its first two years; I'm unsure as to whether there is more accounting in the latter two years of the B.Comm degree though. Concerning Business Information Systems, there is one accounting style module in each semester of the first two years, somewhat similar to Commerce in that respect, although marketing does get into it in third year.

There is something to consider when comparing these two courses though; Commerce is a heavily business orientated programme (duh), whereas BIS is not so much business orientated and relatively packed on the I.S./I.T. aspects. That's what it's all about of course, technology based course whilst integrating business knowledge, a course designed with industry in mind. If you're quite set on business, which your post seems to imply, BIS wouldn't necesserily be what your looking for, I imagine. In that regards I think B.Comm would be a safe bet for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rg99

dyu wsnt me to somehow make it shorter?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Pardon?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Nailz wrote: »
    Pardon?

I believe rg99 was responding to Ficheall's earlier post:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 rg99

Nailz wrote: »

Pardon?

sorry, hit the wrong reply :P

Advertisement