Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What happens if you terminate a bill pay contract

• 26-09-2012 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

im about to sign up for a 24 month contract with meteor to buy an iphone 5 but there is a 50% chance i might go to college in the uk in a years time what will happen if i cancel my direct debit ? they mentioned something about being blacklisted ? if i just cancelled my direct debit and leave the country can i get sued etc

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

rdogg12794 wrote: »
    im about to sign up for a 24 month contract with meteor to buy an iphone 5 but there is a 50% chance i might go to college in the uk in a years time what will happen if i cancel my direct debit ? they mentioned something about being blacklisted ? if i just cancelled my direct debit and leave the country can i get sued etc

they will most likely blacklist the phone too so it cannot connect to a network, plus when in the UK, dont forget the phone will be locked to Meteor, so no use to you.

Best off buying sim free and signing up to a much cheaper 30 day plan or PAYG if you can in this situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Pre-pay plans can be €20+ cheaper per month here, saving you €240 per year too.

If you bought the new iPhone for €659, then you would have only paid €419 (at the most) up front if you look at it from the savings point of view. Plus, you will have higher resale value, and you can bring the phone with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 rdogg12794

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Pre-pay plans can be €20+ cheaper per month here, saving you €240 per year too.

If you bought the new iPhone for €659, then you would have only paid €419 (at the most) up front if you look at it from the savings point of view. Plus, you will have higher resale value, and you can bring the phone with you.

not really as you will have to top up, pay for data use, u get no discount on the phone and no upgrade at all.

its way more expensive on prepay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

You will 100% be brought to court for the remainder of the contract cost plus fee's, you will 100% lose and it will affect you. Please, for your own sake, do not attempt to do this. Its not worth it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

not really as you will have to top up, pay for data use, u get no discount on the phone and no upgrade at all.

its way more expensive on prepay

compared to paying maybe 200 at first, then 45 per month for 24 months.
    you could get a better/similar sim only plan for 20 per month ;)

you have to do the sums yourself to see what works best for you.

Buying from apple = 669 + (24x20) = 1150 Total Cost over 2 years
    buying bill pay = 200 + (24x45) = 1280 Total Cost over 2 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

It's illegal. Don't do it. End of thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement