Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cost plus sofas refusing to refund deposit

Options
13»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Any company who allow such bad pr to remain publicly unresolved must have very poor management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Oryx wrote: »
    Any company who allow such bad pr to remain publicly unresolved must have very poor management.

These guys run a very similar operation to another company I used to work for. I can assure you 'management' - eg the directors - know exactly what they're doing. Companies like GAME and Comet flounder and do what they do due to incompetence - CPS do it by design.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Joesh82

If you take the emotion of the situation out and think plainly - You ordered and paid for a product, they said it would come in mid November and despite the mixup as of this moment it is not late. Assuming you still want the bed, why are you arguing for a refund? Why not just take the product and just not deal with Cost Plus ever again. I know at this stage you most likely dont want to give them the money but it seems to be causing you more stress than them.

Is it really worth the hassle?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kathy charlie

update - I contacted the credit card company by letter, then followed it up by phoning, I spoke to their rep, who stated they would follow this up with CPS. this was last week, I have not heard from CPS, they have not acknowledged the cancellation of the bed. At this stage I would be concerned if I went ahead with the purchase which would be an additional €878 plus delivery (which I think was €75) and had problems with the bed I would be left stuck. Having looked at disco girls thread, this was her experience. kathy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

update - I contacted the credit card company by letter, then followed it up by phoning, I spoke to their rep, who stated they would follow this up with CPS. this was last week, I have not heard from CPS, they have not acknowledged the cancellation of the bed. At this stage I would be concerned if I went ahead with the purchase which would be an additional €878 plus delivery (which I think was €75) and had problems with the bed I would be left stuck. Having looked at disco girls thread, this was her experience. kathy

Kathy, it is now almost the end of November, how did this traumatic experience end up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 kathy charlie

as you know following the letters cancelling the order (which i received no reply) I then contacted the credit card company who confirmed they will take it up with the company. I received a call from CPS aprox 2 weeks ago stating the bed was in and ready for delivery, I again informed the employee of the cancelled order, explained all the above he stated he would get back to me. which he did, he couldn't explain why no body replied to my letters. Again I stood my ground refused the order on the basis that I have lost all confidence in CPS, if i accepted the order and had any follow on problems, I don't think they would be quick at resolving same. I received a call from credit card company, they appeared to be under the impression I had accepted and received the goods, they stated they would continue following this up. kathy

Lee, just how long does it take to get a bed normally? I still cannot understand CPS's logic in letting this be aired on the net.

Truly shocking service, and terrible customer (?) care (?).

Ads running on Sky this morning saying buy from CPS this weekend, and they'll guarantee delivery before Christmas. Crazy in these times that a shop takes over 3 weeks to deliver:cool:

Advertisement