Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opening Browser Tabs on Android Tablet (with chrome/firefox)?

• 26-09-2012 11:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

I'm a relative newbie to touchscreens. I've only gotten an Xperia X8 (Android 2.1 unchangeable for fear of hard bricking it). So I've used opera on that.

What I'm wondering is, how easy (and practical) it is to open (and have open) many tabs on an android tablet. I browse blogs and forums using chrome/firefox on my PC. I tend to open loads of blog entries and forum threads at the same time and then go read them afterwards.

Can I do that on a tablet? I went up to HMV last weekend and gave a quick try on chrome on one of their tablets but couldn't even figure out how to open a link in a new tab.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Slydice wrote: »
    I'm a relative newbie to touchscreens. I've only gotten an Xperia X8 (Android 2.1 unchangeable for fear of hard bricking it). So I've used opera on that.

What I'm wondering is, how easy (and practical) it is to open (and have open) many tabs on an android tablet. I browse blogs and forums using chrome/firefox on my PC. I tend to open loads of blog entries and forum threads at the same time and then go read them afterwards.

Can I do that on a tablet? I went up to HMV last weekend and gave a quick try on chrome on one of their tablets but couldn't even figure out how to open a link in a new tab.
    Long press the link and it should give you a option box and you can open in new tab.

I use chrome, and normally have a few tabs open with no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Is there a faster way to open tabs cos, on a PC, I use the middle mouse button. Is there any tablets out there that would be able to handle opening around 50 tabs?

Advertisement