Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Neighbors [ABC - US]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

Yeah last night's episode was definitely one of the worst. I didn't really laugh that much but, having said that, I'm OK with that for a while because other episodes have been so damn funny and almost had me choking with laughter. I'm actually starting to really appreciate what a great set of actors the cast are. Jackie is an especially brilliant comedy actress but overall they're great, even the kids. Hoping the renewal gets rubber stamped now and we can look forward to more. I really did expect the show to be canned because it was both different and very funny in a very odd way so I'm delighted to see that entertainment won out in the end. The show is the absolute comedic opposite of 2 Broke Girls IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

This week was the show back to it's best..

.. next week is the season finale already! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Basq wrote: »
    This week was the show back to it's best..

.. next week is the season finale already! :(
    i really hope its renewed, it started off solid and has maintained a pretty good level of consistency throughout the season, i think a renewal would really spur on the cast and the writers and make season 2 even better,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

don ramo wrote: »
    i really hope its renewed, it started off solid and has maintained a pretty good level of consistency throughout the season, i think a renewal would really spur on the cast and the writers and make season 2 even better,

Likely renewal now, not sure myself but i'd certainly root for a second, its a bit different to other comedies and as a bit mental :P

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/03/24/bubble-watch-the-neighbors-hangs-on-last-man-standing-what-about-the-good-wife/174697/

Can't believe it's the season finale already this week. I'll miss this show. I'd have to check my media server but there can't be more than 15 episodes so far? I'm surprised they didn't get a back order for this season. Still, if we get a second season out of the show I'll be very happy indeed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

squonk wrote: »
    I'd have to check my media server but there can't be more than 15 episodes so far?
    21 episodes actually..

.. they flew by.

Basq wrote: »
    21 episodes actually..

.. they flew by.

Really? Well they certainly did fly by! Sign of a great show IMHO. It always felt fresh! The last episode with the musical and the aliens venturing out into the real world was bizarre! In a good way though :)

Season finale last night, hopefully it slides under the radar for a second season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

Enjoyed that.:) This show has been solid all season and definitely deserves another season. Every episode had plenty of laughs and, even though the premise is ridiculous, funny is funny.
    The teens are the only bad thing in the show. The adults the three younger kids are all good.

• Advertisement

I really liked the finale! I loved some of the self referential gags like Larry Bird saying effectively, well you know if you forbid us to come to Atlantic City, we'll just come anyway and chaos will ensue with it all being tied up neatly round about 9PM :), or Jackie saying 'we just need about 6-7 seasons". George Takei and Mark Hamil are fun additions as well. It's just taken a show I loved anyway and made me love it more! It's like they're saying "OK, you're watching a show about aliens and liking it, you're most likely a nerd. Right! Here are some of your Nerd Gods!". I like Amber's dry sense of humour but I don't get Reggie dumping Giselle for her.

All in all, I'm just so impressed with this show. It was a great first season and just when you thought it couldn't improve anymore, they went nuclear with the ST & SW cameos. It bodes very well for the future and I wish the uncertainty about the show was lifted now with a confirmation of a second season. It sure deserves it!

squonk wrote: »
    I really liked the finale! I loved some of the self referential gags like Larry Bird saying effectively, well you know if you forbid us to come to Atlantic City, we'll just come anyway and chaos will ensue with it all being tied up neatly round about 9PM :), or Jackie saying 'we just need about 6-7 seasons". George Takei and Mark Hamil are fun additions as well. It's just taken a show I loved anyway and made me love it more! It's like they're saying "OK, you're watching a show about aliens and liking it, you're most likely a nerd. Right! Here are some of your Nerd Gods!". I like Amber's dry sense of humour but I don't get Reggie dumping Giselle for her.

All in all, I'm just so impressed with this show. It was a great first season and just when you thought it couldn't improve anymore, they went nuclear with the ST & SW cameos. It bodes very well for the future and I wish the uncertainty about the show was lifted now with a confirmation of a second season. It sure deserves it!

I wonder what was written on the toast and what the warning was about :confused:

And.....wow @ Mark Hamill :eek: - jesus he aged!...his face, the weight, barely recognised him. I like Giselle also....very cute girl! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

And.....wow @ Mark Hamill :eek: - jesus he aged!...his face, the weight, barely recognised him
    he wont be doing much with the force other than feeding himself pizza in episode 7 :p:p:p

also when takai goes lets go HI HO HI HO:D:D, and 2 tongues you dirty little girl amber:D:D

its been a brilliant addition to my schedule this season and really came out of nowhere, i really hope its given a chance to grow it audience in season 2,

And.....wow @ Mark Hamill :eek: - jesus he aged!...his face, the weight, barely recognised him. I like Giselle also....very cute girl! :)

He is a 62 year old man, he's hardly going to look like he did in Star Wars. I watched him in Sushi Girl a few weeks back and thought he looked pretty damn good for a man of his age, certainly not morbidly obese or too haggard looking but rather a man who isn't afraid to show his age.

WOOT! ....great news!, it has been renewed for season 2! :)
    I prejudged this show off the bat, but it has been surprisingly good and very quirky. lol.....that on screen plee for more seasons seems to have worked :)

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/05/10/suburgatory-renewed-by-abc/182130/

ffs! :mad: - they pushed it off to friday next season....death slot :(

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/05/abc-fall-201314-schedule.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

^Friday isn't really considered the death slot anymore. ABC, NBC and CBS have all had moderate successes on Fridays over the past few years and seem to be strenghtening Fridays with their new schedules. FOX also seems to be attempting to build a strong schedule for Fridays in the fall.
    The CW kinda does its own thing, but I have a feeling that when the schedule is released we'll see a strong lineup for them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

brian_t wrote: »
    The Neighbours starts on RTE2 on Tuesday July 16th @ 7.30pm

(It's called "The Neighbors" stateside)

:cool:

Anyone looking forward to season 2? :D
    Imo this show was the surprise hit....not in terms of ratings but how i had a prejudgement and then watching it and discovering this little gem of a show.

Very different from your bog standard network comedy, hopefully the second season will allow it to grow.

RTE seemed to have dropped it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 james.deeen

and we thought Smash would last forever.......:p

.....not even a pity move to fridays........:D

poking fun at themselves, love it! :)

• Advertisement

Advertisement