Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduction/Showing around points.

Options
  • 27-09-2012 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, so I have a friend who moved to Ireland only 4 months ago and hasn't seen much, she just goes to school so doesnt' see much besides charlestown area. So I offered her to show around and cool places.
    Need suggestions, what's the highest point/place in Dublin you can drive to to see whole city view?

So far my waypoints/places are:

Day:
    • Drive through O'Connell one way obviously as other is restricted for taxis.
    • Drive to Portmanock, then bull island/beach.
    • Go to Phoenix Park.
    • Need more ideas for day...
    Evening/Night:

• Go to bull island, it has a great spot just near the statue, at night time you can see a beautiful night view of coast with lights up, looks great.
    • Drive through IFSC area (it has some great/amazing buildings and lighting styles which at night just look awesome).
    • Then drive along the liffey to see dublin night life.
    • Then go to Bowling in Blanchardstown .
    • Then I need some great/awesome view spot, like a mountains or something where at night you could see whole city (if there are such).
    So yeah please suggest me some landmarks around Dublin only (up to Tallagh area)

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

killiney hill?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

killiney hill?
    Where is that?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Do the Viking splash tour, a fun way to see dublin. Then go to Guinness Storehouse if you want a high up view of Dublin. Go on out to Bull Island, then drive up to Howth Summit for a great nighttime view of Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Howth Head has a decent view of the Bay, in daytime and nighttime.

Head out about 430 or 5, go up to the Summit Inn and park there, or in one of the carparks around the head.

Take a look around, look down on the city and point things out, you can see as far as Bray, so the whole Bay. You can see Ferries coming and going from Dublin Port and Dun Laoighaire.

Then come down, get fish & chips in Howth while it gets dark, then go back up to see the city all lit up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Merrion square / government buildings? Stephen's green park? Killiney hill is a beautiful spot. Just recently went there for the first time and I was amazed that such a place escaped me for so long. New grange is worth a visit if you have a car. I know it's not in Dublin. A lot of people forget about this place and it's definitely worth seeing considering its older than the pyramids.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

The Guinness Storehouse has a great view of the city, or if ye're up for a walk the Three Rocks at the top of the Dublin Mts. has a fantastic view of what's probably most of the county.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

don't know if I'd be going near Three Rock in the current weather conditions!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

thanks for suggestions :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

St. Anne's Park - possibly combined with the Red Stables market on a Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

spurious wrote: »
    St. Anne's Park - possibly combined with the Red Stables market on a Saturday.

I'm not mad about the red stables market tbh, Howths better. Love St Annes though, great for a walk.

Advertisement