Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mediumship

Options
  • 27-09-2012 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

hi , im not much of a poster here , more a lurker , but if anyone has questions about mediumship , Id be happy to try to answer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

How can you tune your untapped power? Have a rough ability and interested in polishing it :)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

skepticalone what angle are you coming from here. I need to make sure this is in the correct forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

hi , im not much of a poster here , more a lurker , but if anyone has questions about mediumship , Id be happy to try to answer.

Are you a medium, or consider yourself to be well-versed on the topic as a result of much research?

Elmidena wrote: »
    How can you tune your untapped power? Have a rough ability and interested in polishing it :)
    Understand yourself and your motivation first.
    Learn as much as you can about it.
    Understand what hot and cold reading are, so you do not accidentally fall into using such techniques.
    Work by a code of ethics.
    THEN, and only then, find a group to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭skepticalone

Oryx wrote: »
    skepticalone what angle are you coming from here. I need to make sure this is in the correct forum.
    hi , I am an irish medium with 10 yrs experience on the subject , the subject is much misunderstood with plenty of inaccuracy in expectations , I am merely throwing the subject up for discussion , but if you feel im in the wrong forum to post then please move .

• Advertisement

hi keith , I do not actually charge . I have a day job that pays the bills like everyone else .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

What does the voice sound like when you're communicating with someone?

Could someone from the spirit world conceivably give you information that would make you very rich, and if so why don't you use it? If only to give to charity?

If a skeptical person didn't believe you, can you think up some kind of rigorous objective test that you could do that would prove your abilities?

Ok, a question then:
    What is the main goal when you try to channel an energy - or maybe more pertinently, what do people expect of you when they call you out?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Dave! wrote: »

Could someone from the spirit world conceivably give you information that would make you very rich, and if so why don't you use it? If only to give to charity?

If a skeptical person didn't believe you, can you think up some kind of rigorous objective test that you could do that would prove your abilities?

why would becoming rich be so important to people who are dead that they would know that information? Or does being dead mean you know everything? Secondly why would anyone wish to prove these things to people, just because that person doesnt believe them? Whats the point in that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

maccored wrote: »
    why would becoming rich be so important to people who are dead that they would know that information? Or does being dead mean you know everything? Secondly why would anyone wish to prove these things to people, just because that person doesnt believe them? Whats the point in that?
    They may stumble upon it? If you're invisible and can see what everybody is doing, then for example if you're bored one day you might decide to have a peek at where an immoral person keeps their cash. Then you could relay that information to a person who might be motivated to go and retrieve it, so that they can give it to charity.

• Advertisement

haha. I have no idea meself, but *if* dead people did hang about after they were dead, then maybe they mightnt know any extra info than they already knew. Unless of course they use that invisibleness to find out such info.

If they were dead, would they care though?

Dave! wrote: »

hi dave , i tend to get the information in my own voice in my head if that makes sense , to my understanding of things mediums are never in receipt of info which could be used to further their own cause , the information tends to mean very little to me but has meaning for the recipient . As far as a test goes , a medium is merely a vessel for information , we have no control over whether we will receive anything of use or not so that might be hard to determine .

Rasmus wrote: »
    Ok, a question then:
    What is the main goal when you try to channel an energy - or maybe more pertinently, what do people expect of you when they call you out?
    hi ramsus , the main goal when i channel is to attempt to make a connection relevant to the sitter , I have a particular method of doing this which I have honed over a number of years and serves me well , I find that people are generally misinformed about what a medium does and think that they are fortune tellers or some such , the way i see it is this , if the person your hoping to make a connection with was not a psychic in life , what makes you think just because they have passed over that they suddenly can predict the lotto numbers ...

id also like to point out that a medium cannot guarantee to tune in to anyone and if your told they can then you are being decieved , we have no say in the matter we are merely vessels if you like an antenna .

hi ramsus , the main goal when i channel is to attempt to make a connection relevant to the sitter , I have a particular method of doing this which I have honed over a number of years and serves me well , I find that people are generally misinformed about what a medium does and think that they are fortune tellers or some such , the way i see it is this , if the person your hoping to make a connection with was not a psychic in life , what makes you think just because they have passed over that they suddenly can predict the lotto numbers ...

How do you know you have reached the right person? Don't some spirits allegedly have skills to imitate others?

How do you know you have reached the right person? Don't some spirits allegedly have skills to imitate others?
    thats a good question , and exactly the reason why ouija is frowned upon . When i connect to a person they will usually give me some information about themselves which i need to verify to ensure I have in fact channelled the correct person , without getting into too much detail if i have indeed connected to the right person the info relayed should suffice to confirm it is them .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

is there life after death? is there a god? which of the major religions is closest in describing what lies on the other side? what is your personal faith based on your interactions with 'the other side'?

RGDATA! wrote: »
    is there life after death? is there a god? which of the major religions is closest in describing what lies on the other side? what is your personal faith based on your interactions with 'the other side'?

hi , i believe that death is not the end , a soul merely moves to another realm to continue its journey of evolving .I believe in reincarnation , I am a buddhist .I believe there may be many gods not just one .I do not subscribe to the heaven and hell ideology I believe most religions have some element of truth in them but alas have moved far far away from their original messages .

Thanks for the answers. When you communicate with the dead, why do they never explain in detail what it is like where they are?

thats a good question , and exactly the reason why ouija is frowned upon . When i connect to a person they will usually give me some information about themselves which i need to verify to ensure I have in fact channelled the correct person , without getting into too much detail if i have indeed connected to the right person the info relayed should suffice to confirm it is them .

could a malevolent spirit not know some obscure bit of information about another spirit that they could then use to trick you into thinking they were someone else?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the answers. When you communicate with the dead, why do they never explain in detail what it is like where they are?
    from my understanding of things , they often do try to describe what its like , from what i have learned there is a fluidity in the spirit world where a physical body does not any longer exist and also time does not exist as we know it .

hi , i believe that death is not the end , a soul merely moves to another realm to continue its journey of evolving .I believe in reincarnation , I am a buddhist .I believe there may be many gods not just one .I do not subscribe to the heaven and hell ideology I believe most religions have some element of truth in them but alas have moved far far away from their original messages .

if you believe in reincarnation, then where are souls when you're talking to them? are they not already back down here on earth in a new form?

could a malevolent spirit not know some obscure bit of information about another spirit that they could then use to trick you into thinking they were someone else?

im sure its possible yes , when a medium attempts to connect they attempt to alter their own vibrationary level to that of the spirit world , it is far easier to connect to a low vibration similar to our own where such spirits who like to cause mischief can easily attempt to communicate with us , however , I always endevour to channel a much higher vibrationary level to reach more evolved souls

if you believe in reincarnation, then where are souls when you're talking to them? are they not already back down here on earth in a new form?

if a soul has already reincarnated and been born again it is not actually possible to communicate with them at all , because every souls individual journey of evolvment is different , some reincarnate very quickly others do not depending on what what they have already learned , some choose to reincarnate quickly and continue on their journey

I don't understand why the dead don't want to chat for ages with their loved ones. Do the relatives get upset that they can't talk at length with the departed? Basic questions, I know, but how do people walk away in peace knowing that the person they want to talk with is only a 'phone-call' away?

I don't understand why the dead don't want to chat for ages with their loved ones. Do the relatives get upset that they can't talk at length with the departed? Basic questions, I know, but how do people walk away in peace knowing that the person they want to talk with is only a 'phone-call' away?
    from my understanding of things , when a spirit moves to the next world they must learn to do things all over again , one such thing is that they need to learn how to communicate , liken it if you will to a new born baby learning to walk and talk etc , I often find that those who think their loved ones are merely a phone call away thru a medium tend to be the most disappointed , as i said a medium is merely a vessel , there to receive any information that is forthcoming there has to be a willingness on the part of the soul passed over to communicate in the first place that is not something which can be forced by a medium , anyone who tells you otherwise is a charlatan

Thanks, that makes it clearer to me.

im sure its possible yes , when a medium attempts to connect they attempt to alter their own vibrationary level to that of the spirit world , it is far easier to connect to a low vibration similar to our own where such spirits who like to cause mischief can easily attempt to communicate with us , however , I always endevour to channel a much higher vibrationary level to reach more evolved souls
    I have to admit, I dont agree with the whole vibration explanation of how mediumship works. I dont think there are 'levels' that we can endeavour to reach. Just pointing out that while it is a popular explanation it is not the universally accepted understanding of what is going on. But lots of people use it, so much so that it has been accepted as 'the way it works' to many.

Oryx wrote: »
    I have to admit, I dont agree with the whole vibration explanation of how mediumship works. I dont think there are 'levels' that we can endeavour to reach. Just pointing out that while it is a popular explanation it is not the universally accepted understanding of what is going on. But lots of people use it, so much so that it has been accepted as 'the way it works'.

hi oryx , its the only way i can think of to try to explain , I have myself often attempted to verbalise it differently only to be more misunderstood , so i took the easy way out on that one .

• Advertisement

quantum physics and m theory talks of different frequencies which may (its very unclear) result in different dimensions. After I read that it made me think about mediums/psychics talking of vibrations, vibes and 'tuning in' etc etc, differently.

Advertisement