Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mediumship

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Skepticalone, have you ever gone to a house in order to talk to a 'presence' ? (Echoing the apparent fake haunting thread on the forum recently).

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭skepticalone

yes I have , and thus far have never found anything worth mentioning that could not be explained thru other means .

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Rasmus wrote: »
    I don't understand why the dead don't want to chat for ages with their loved ones. Do the relatives get upset that they can't talk at length with the departed? Basic questions, I know, but how do people walk away in peace knowing that the person they want to talk with is only a 'phone-call' away?
    Also giving my 2c here.

They dont want to 'chat for ages' because it disrupts the grieving process, which is natural and necessary. But ask people grieving what they want. Mostly its to know the deceased is ok, and 'a chance to say goodbye'. Thats what mediumship should do.

Relatives do get upset, which is why the main job of any medium is to be mindful of the recipient, so they do not leave them in even more pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 purified

Hi :)

what was it like for you when you first opened up to this world?

At what point did you know this was real?

purified wrote: »
    Hi :)

what was it like for you when you first opened up to this world?

At what point did you know this was real?

when i was in my early 20s i found i "knew" things which had not been told to me . I realised it was real when my own grandmother started to communicate to me . As a child I would ask my mother about the man who visited me at night , when asked for a description , I was able to describe several distinguishing features , I years later came to realise the man was my own grandfather who had passed over before I was born , interestingly , when my father was at his fathers deathbed , he requested that if there was anything after this life , he might come back and tell him .My father had always been a total athiest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

when i was in my early 20s i found i "knew" things which had not been told to me . I realised it was real when my own grandmother started to communicate to me . As a child I would ask my mother about the man who visited me at night , when asked for a description , I was able to describe several distinguishing features , I years later came to realise the man was my own grandfather who had passed over before I was born , interestingly , when my father was at his fathers deathbed , he requested that if there was anything after this life , he might come back and tell him .My father had always been a total athiest

How did your grandmother communicate with you?

my granny was a gas woman altogether , i was very fond of her . she passed away aged 93 and had always been a very religious god fearing woman . The first time she communicated she told me who she was and that she was communicating in order to help me make a decision on an important matter , she also told me several things that I did not know and was able to verify thru my family . old skeletons in the closet so to speak .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Whats the scariest experience you've had? Ever get communication from things that weren't human,like demons, for lack of a better term?

Meatwad wrote: »
    Whats the scariest experience you've had? Ever get communication from things that weren't human,like demons, for lack of a better term?
    when i was younger , i used to think i was going mad and so endevoured to study and learn as much as i could about things so i could better understand them , after accepting that the more i tried to filter the stuff out the worse it got , i eventually gave up resisting and accepted that there has to be some reason for this , for every person who has ridiculed me there has been two whos lives i have touched and given them something priceless to them . I have never had a "scary" experience .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

RAMUS: Thanks for the answers. When you communicate with the dead, why do they never explain in detail what it is like where they are?

They do.. usually trance channelling gives pretty good insights into the after life.. (and in some detail!) e.g. Andrew Jackson Davies describing the Summerland / Lyceum..

I would agree with vibrational explanation from skeptical one.. we can access the spirit world through several forms of consciousness.. depending on which state you are in (altered state of consciousness) and who you are as a person (spiritual, loving, natural mediumship abilities, souls purpose, pure intention, healing abilities etc.) you attract like with like. The deeper states you go into and more experience you have - the greater the experience and the more evolved souls that come forth.. imho vibration is energy and everyting vibrates e.g. animal, mineral kingdoms, etc. It is how we all interact with each other.... we are all part of the one source - we are never alone! Discarnate maybe in a different dimension but they are still present.. you just need to learn how to tune into their frequency. ;o)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Very interesting thread

Are there certain 'rules' that spirits must follow eg: not to communicate with loved ones too much so as not to startle them?

Do you ever see spirits in their physical form when reading for somebody?

Would spirits be aware it's their earth birthday???

Do you suspects they have prior knowledge of other family members/friends impending deaths?

Do you believe we will see our decreased relatives again?

And just one last question when asked if there was an after life, you said you were of the belief there was something else beyond here. Forgive me but doing what you do, would that not make you certain of an after life seeing as you communicate with those who have passed?

Thank you

lukesmom wrote: »
    Very interesting thread

Are there certain 'rules' that spirits must follow eg: not to communicate with loved ones too much so as not to startle them?

Do you ever see spirits in their physical form when reading for somebody?

Would spirits be aware it's their earth birthday???

Do you suspects they have prior knowledge of other family members/friends impending deaths?

Do you believe we will see our decreased relatives again?

And just one last question when asked if there was an after life, you said you were of the belief there was something else beyond here. Forgive me but doing what you do, would that not make you certain of an after life seeing as you communicate with those who have passed?

Thank you
    hi I will try to answer as best I can .
    as far as I know , spirits will usually communicate when THEY feel it is necessary , for example when you are at a low ebb and dont know where to turn , its important to note that passed over souls will intervene and try to help when they are requested to , but you must actually ask . Also important to note that spirits respect privacy and the idea that your being watched whilst on the loo or etc is complete nonsense

When I communicate souls often show me what they looked like in life , that is they impress an image into my mind which helps me describe them

As i have mentioned earlier time has no sense in the spirit world , a spirit may sense the seasons or see indicators of the month etc but as far as I know they dont have a calendar or a watch like us

I do know that souls often visit when a person is ill , so I am inclined to say that yes they do know of an impending passing and will often visit to have a look at a loved one

I think that it is possible to meet up in the spirit world yes , however if a soul has already reincarnated then the chances are that they will not be available for a chinwag when you get there

I always try to answer questions based on my own experiences and beliefs but i am mindful that my opinion is not the only one on subjects I personally am sure there is a place beyond here and have communicated with souls who have lived many lives not just one on their path of evolving .

Thank you that was very informative. You are very lucky to have been blessed with this gift. I know it offers a lot of comfort to people. Would you say your gift has made you not fear death?

You say that spirits will intervene when they think it's necessary. This would Indicate that they are watching the living quite a lot.

Do u think a medium/psychic would guess if he/she was being recorded during a reading?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Its Behind You!

Thanks Skepticalone...confusing user name tho:D

Thank you that was very informative. You are very lucky to have been blessed with this gift. I know it offers a lot of comfort to people. Would you say your gift has made you not fear death?

You say that spirits will intervene when they think it's necessary. This would Indicate that they are watching the living quite a lot.

Do u think a medium/psychic would guess if he/she was being recorded during a reading?

I think that most people can develop their intuition and ability if they desire to , its just that for some people the natural ability is stronger and therefore less effort is required to make sense of it . I do not fear death at all , there simply is no reason to , I believe we are all here on a journey and our souls purpose is to evolve and learn and that we will keep returning until such time that we have learned sufficient knowledge

The bonds developed between people remain when they pass over it is natural that if the soul desires to be once again close to their living relatives that they will learn all they can in their new environment in order to be able to look in on people , mostly this happens unnoticed for the most part ...except for maybe an unexplained feeling of comfort or a familiar smell associated with them which most folk put down to their imagination or wishful thinking

mediums and psychics are not the same thing in honesty , quite a lot of mediums are also psychic but very few psychics are also mediums . As the intuition develops most accurate psychics will have no issue with being recorded but its wise to remember that in the case of mediums quite often they have no recollection of the information they have just given you and if asked to repeat it again at another stage might draw a blank . A medium must impart the infomation as he/she receives it , which often happens in a fast flow and as far as I understand they do not hold onto the information or muse over it simply because they are a vessel or a receiver of sorts , they are not supposed to have an opinion on it , their job is simply to relay the messages .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭gillad

what is going on with the spirits who havent crossed over?
    Are they afraid to cross over because they believe in hell? or are they lost and dont know how to cross over?

gillad wrote: »
    what is going on with the spirits who havent crossed over?
    Are they afraid to cross over because they believe in hell? or are they lost and dont know how to cross over?

from what i understand of things the type of spirit who remains is often a person who died suddenly and simply did not believe it was their time to depart usually at the time of their demise other familiar souls will return to take them on their journey to the next world but they refused to follow and simply decided to remain for some reason . All that is required is to call the light and the familiar souls back to once again help them to cross over , most souls who remain here on earth will have by this time come to terms with the situation and will continue on their journey without much fuss . Worth noting also that the souls of darkness arrive at the time of demise for people who were evil , murderers etc and that they must too continue on their souls purpose .

Worth noting also that the souls of darkness arrive at the time of demise for people who were evil , murderers etc and that they must too continue on their souls purpose .

Who/What are the souls of darkness?I dont believe in hell.I believe we are all equal at death no matter what we did.

@ Skepticalone; Could you expand on/explain the "souls of darkness" ie: who are they and their purpose? Thanks:)

Who/What are the souls of darkness?I dont believe in hell.I believe we are all equal at death no matter what we did.

I myself do not believe in hell either , but theres no denying that there are good people and evil people and the same can be said for the next world . I always tell people never to dabble with ouija boards due to the fact that almost exclusively you will channel dark souls thru one . Liken it if you will to this , an evil soul is the equivalent of a wild animal , and is on the lower rung of evolvement and has a lot to learn so therefore may repeat a pattern of evil doings in life before finally learning a lesson and becoming more evolved .

• Advertisement

I did a bit of this myself looking at photos and trying to listen to my thoughts, smells and images in my head but I stopped as I wasn't sure if what I was getting was correct plus I was fearful that I might not be able to switch off from them. I think it takes a lot of confidence and faith to develop your intuition

This is a bit of a strange question:)
    Can spirits take lifeforce Energy(chi)from us?
    Do they need a form of Energy to exist here?

@ Skepticalone; Could you expand on/explain the "souls of darkness" ie: who are they and their purpose? Thanks:)

the souls of darkness are the keepers of evil souls , they are charged with the souls purpose , the same as higher spiritual beings are charged with overseeing a souls purpose .A soul can not continue on its evolutionary journey without being given tasks and learning from them and that goes for good souls and also evil ones

@Skepticalone, Im still a bit confused as to the purpose of the "souls of darkness" arriving when a soul passes over....maybe I'm missing something...why do they do that?

This is a bit of a strange question:)
    Can spirits take lifeforce Energy(chi)from us?
    Do they need a form of Energy to exist here?

it is well known that spirits can and do drain us , and personally I am often left completely drained after attempting communication . I presume you are meaning earth bound souls as regards the query as to whether they need energy to exist here , that I simply cant answer because I dont actually know .

the souls of darkness are the keepers of evil souls , they are charged with the souls purpose , the same as higher spiritual beings are charged with overseeing a souls purpose .A soul can not continue on its evolutionary journey without being given tasks and learning from them and that goes for good souls and also evil ones

:o

Thanks Skepticalone, u must have been writing when I was writing....many thanks..:)

I did a bit of this myself looking at photos and trying to listen to my thoughts, smells and images in my head but I stopped as I wasn't sure if what I was getting was correct plus I was fearful that I might not be able to switch off from them. I think it takes a lot of confidence and faith to develop your intuition

I would suggest that if you feel worried scared or etc that your intuition will tell you to stop . In my own case , I didnt really have a choice , but I have learned to filter out communications that disrupt my every day life , and spirits respect this .

Advertisement