Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dangerous Silica crystals.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

jamie72 wrote: »
    What do you guys think of this? I did a search and couldn't find a topic on it. Makes me wonder about that extra throat hit I'm getting from my T2....

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/284030-wick-materials-safe-vs-dangerous.html

just dont buy silica wicks then. if you ask the lads on ezsmoke or e-smoke they can tell you what the wick is made of i imagine. if you want to make your own the use the draw string off of a pack of cotton pads (i was advised a few days ago to do this.) i imagine though that there will be some prep involved like in that post like soaking it in boiling water to clean it and all that before use.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

there was a thread on it here a while back and over on ukvapers

afaik the general consensus was don't use ****ty fibreglass wicks, silica should be fine

the fibreglass wick that comes with the clockwords RDA for example falls apart as soon as you look at it and it sheds more than my cat, that kinda stuff i'd be kinda worried about vaping.. but even then once it's properly soaked in juice the strands are gona be too heavy to go flying about into your lungs anyway

from what ive seen of the kangers/novas they dont seem to be using the terrible wicks, look solid enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

...use the draw string off of a pack of cotton pads....
    That'd be a terrible waste of all the pads inside!

Here's the wool pad method.

Be warned - strips of cotton pad in ejuice look like epic snots.

grindle wrote: »
    That'd be a terrible waste of all the pads inside!

Here's the wool pad method.

Be warned - strips of cotton pad in ejuice look like epic snots.

so thats what you meant the other day, looks easy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Bollox,
    I'm just thumbing through a few forums looking for similar info, apparently using stuff like those cotton pads isn't a good idea as they will have been treated with chemicals and bleached for colour. If you search for 'unbleached natural candle wick', you can get that for feck all. Just boil it a few times to remove any residue on it and use that.

• Advertisement

jamie72 wrote: »
    Bollox,
    I'm just thumbing through a few forums looking for similar info, apparently using stuff like those cotton pads isn't a good idea as they will have been treated with chemicals and bleached for colour. If you search for 'unbleached natural candle wick', you can get that for feck all. Just boil it a few times to remove any residue on it and use that.

Thanks :) hadnt actually tried it but i imagine in my rush to get a vape when all things went wrong i would just go with what i had.

Like back when i was a smoker, i once tried to make a rollie out of grease proof paper cause i was out of skins. Turns out its not a good idea. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Thanks :) hadnt actually tried it but i imagine in my rush to get a vape when all things went wrong i would just go with what i had.

Like back when i was a smoker, i once tried to make a rollie out of grease proof paper cause i was out of skins. Turns out its not a good idea. :pac:

I'm presuming that didnt burn too well? :p

Advertisement