Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tanked-Aquariam Show on Discovery/Animal Planet

Options
  • 27-09-2012 1:48am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

Brand new show starting next week on Discovery/Animal Planet channel.

Its about this company who build and install all types of aquariams in the most unusual whacky places.

A London taxi for one.

http://animal.discovery.com/tv/tanked/

Maybe some of you might find it interesting.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Looks interesting, cheers for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Started last week. Wasn't too impressed tbh. It has that 'American Chopper' scripted format that I hate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Well at least its something a bit different and interesting to watch.

Some will like it,others wont.

Regards.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I'd say that they do some cool tanks, but you should see the ire they provoke on some US aquarium sites. The main complaints are the extreme impracticality for cleaning, and poor surface area for gas exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Downloaded the first series of it last year sometime and, while some of the tanks are impressive, the guys on the show are just painful...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Denise90

Watched both seasons a while back, it would be so much more enjoyable if they didn't have the awful scripted jokes. The tanks themselves are interesting though.
    Fish Tank Kings is similar, minus a lot of the false humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭buzz

yeah its been on for a while.. Just cant understand how they create a huge 5000L tank, get the temp up and drop marine fish straight in... But entertaining all the same. But the sales rep, yummy

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

buzz wrote: »
    But the sales rep, yummy
    nah, she's all plasticy :p

Though it's pretty scripted and so forth I find them hilarious at times, far more so than the OCC guys ever were.
    Very much in the vein of OCC, custom to a tee. I can't help thinking a lot of the tanks aren't in the best interests of the fish though.

The Church one too, good to see they have their priorities straight, what happened to poor and humble and charity and helping others, nah let buy a gigantic fish tank :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

Denise90 wrote: »
    Fish Tank Kings is similar, minus a lot of the false humour.

I watched that show. I absolutely despise the Asian guy with the glasses... what an annoying c*nt! Solely because of him I'll never watch it again!

I didn't mind Tanked...

Advertisement