Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Anxiety

Options
  • 27-09-2012 6:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys,

I would really appreciate any help you can give me.

I have finally come to the conclusion that I suffer from social anxiety. I have always come across as a confident person, this is true to a certain extent, i.e. people i know and am familiar with.

However, when I think about it, it must be social anxiety. If I am preparing for a social occasion I drink enough so I feel able to meet people. If I am going to meet new people on a night out I have a few drinks. If I am talking to a person one on one I feel nervous and not at ease.

When I was in college I hated presentations and even had a few drinks before hand just to ease how I felt. I feel so embarrassed about this.

I am only 23 but I already dread the speech I have to give on my wedding day. I am a well qualified man but I turn down jobs because I feel inadequate.

Ultimately I feel I am restricting myself from further development. Even the thought of going to a doctor makes me feel nervous.

I am very grateful to anybody that may help me in this awful situation!!!

Kind regards.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement