Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone Gone!

• 27-09-2012 3:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Got a taxi from Drumcondra to Dublin City Centre tonight and left my iPhone 3GS in a taxi.

Any ideas on how to recover this? Have tried ringing it, its ringing but no answer, it's not on silent!

Mobile internet was not switched on for 'Find my Phone.'

Any ideas on what to do??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

There's nothing you can do really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Got a taxi from Drumcondra to Dublin City Centre tonight and left my iPhone 3GS in a taxi.

Any ideas on how to recover this? Have tried ringing it, its ringing but no answer, it's not on silent!

Mobile internet was not switched on for 'Find my Phone.'

Any ideas on what to do??

Send a text to your phone offering a reward. If it was passcode protected, kiss it goodbye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭strokeslover

Sorry you lost it, hope you get it back. If it doesn't turn up, it'll probably make you buy the iPhone 5 now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Any idea of the taxi plate. If you got a receipt you can find the taxi. It could be still in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

See if there's any CCTV close to where you got out, you might be able to get the cab's number.

And keep on checking, when/if they turnon 3G or wifi Find My Phone should locate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Rusty_Mectum

Thanks folks, gonna try and get the cctv from a place in Temple Bar and see if I can get anywhere from there!

Don't know if the guards would go and get the footage, no harm in asking sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

There is a lost property system for taxis. Go to the taxi regulator site for information. That's where the Guards will send you anyway. They're not going to be requesting cctv for a lost iphone......maybe if it was an iphone 5 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Thanks folks, gonna try and get the cctv from a place in Temple Bar and see if I can get anywhere from there!

Don't know if the guards would go and get the footage, no harm in asking sure

I would be surprised if the Guards would go looking for CCTV for you if there is no criminal offence involved to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Rusty_Mectum

Cheers for the replies folks, have it reported and blocked now, no sign in Store St. Station or the taxi regulator.

Next question...will the iPhone 4 come down in price tomorrow with the iPhone 5 release, have to make myself feel a bit better! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yes

You can already see people selling their 4 so check here for current prices
    http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_iphone+4/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Turtle-TM

I lost my 3GS Monday. Insured with phonecover so I was able to claim a new iPhone 4 from them, they offer upgrade prices on top of your excess for a better phone if you want one, iPhone 4 was €50 extra,4s was more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Unlucky pal. Should be more careful with your phone's in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭bohsfan

Try the carriage office in Dublin Castle. That's where all taxi drivers bring stuff they find in their cab. Some drivers only make the run in once a week, so you might have to try a few times. I left a wallet in a cab before and it was dropped into the carriage office about 4 days later. Depends on the driver though, and whether he saw it before anyone else sat in the back...

Advertisement