Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cold Season

• 27-09-2012 4:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

I laughed at my housemate a few days ago for being a wheezing, crippled mess; slumped over the kitchen table, red-nosed, and coughing up a storm, I told him to man up and invest in a better immune system. Big mistake. I can only assume he purposely left his slimy, infectious spores all over the surface tops, because I am now lying here at 4.30am with a nasal strip, a hot water bottle and a mug of lemsip. My head feels like it's swimming in sh*t and my lungs are covered in snot.

I know it's not quite man-flu, but I think the common cold has its moments. Anyone else suffering? Also, why is it that only one side of your nose ever gets blocked? I was looking for home remedies online, and found myself drinking warm milk with two heaped teaspoons of turmeric mixed in - it didn't make me feel better, it just made me feel like an asshole for drinking the most foul concoction I've tasted in a while. Any pro-tips from boards?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Strap on a pair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

mauzo wrote: »
    Strap on a pair.

I was that person, saying just that, only a few days ago. Don't come crying to boards when your nose is about to burst. But eh thanks for the advice.

I had it two weeks ago.

I took a cough bottle and drank Lemsip. I used one of those nose inhalers. That helped a bit.

Is this your first cold or something?

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

when I get flu I don't even recognize the symptoms, or is it deny em maybe because it's an almost yearly pattern now i rarely learn from.

But whatever muscles I have get knocked for six n I just think I am not just feeling, but genuinely getting pathetic and maybe this is man-flu.

Yes. It's my first cold.

Actually I rarely ever get sick, so I guess I'm just not used to it. God help me when I get the AIDS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

You have AIDS.

Yes. It's my first cold.

Actually I rarely ever get sick, so I guess I'm just not used to it. God help me when I get the AIDS.

I was sick up until about 2 days ago so good luck with this! Same with my friend, I infected him and he's sick over a week now.
    Nothing can really be done. My doctor gave me an inhaler to help me breath too, that worked great for 30 seconds.

Every time I laughed I almost lost a lung.

Just rest I guess. I don't sleep much, ever..so maybe that's why it stayed with me for two weeks.

mauzo wrote: »
    Every time I laughed I almost lost a lung.

Just rest I guess. I don't sleep much, ever..so maybe that's why it stayed with me for two weeks.

At least you found the will to laugh.

It's 5 in the morning, maybe you should get some kip? :p

Ah yeah, I was sick but I was happy.

Believe it or not I don't like sleep. I'll go soon, get about 3 hours a night on average. Some nights I don't sleep at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

You have AIDS.

Might be super AIDS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

You have AIDS.

I should hope they have AIDS too you know...

It is hard getting things done when you are sick so don't be afraid to get some friendly people to help AID you.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I should hope they have AIDS too you know...

It is hard getting things done when you are sick so don't be afraid to get some friendly people to help AID you.;)

ICWUDT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Yes. It's my first cold.

You have AIDS.

Bugger, when Nervous Twitch told be to "Take a test" I assumed he meant the one we had been studying for in his class.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

I've had a cold for a week. It's difficult to get rid of when the weather is so cold. It doesn't bother me much during the day as I take sudafed which is a great help. A blocked nose is annoying when I'm trying to sleep, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

The change in seasons brings the bugs out in force; so far I've had a rotten cold (which thankfully only lasted 3 days, but was so nasty by boss sent me home to bed) and this week I've had a touch of a tummy bug.

I keep telling people, even though it's chillier, you still need plenty of ventilation in your home/office/bus. This is how bugs multiply, keep some fresh air circulating and you'll halve the chances of it spreading like wildfire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

At the first sign of a sniffle I always eat raw garlic. Chop up a clove and knock it back with a mouthful of water. Do this twice a day and the cold disappears within a day or two. Don't forget the Mentos :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

found myself drinking warm milk with two heaped teaspoons of turmeric mixed in

You're delusional. Take two glasses of rum and go to work.

Advertisement