Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Formula E

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I loved that fact it was 3e. Was a lot easier to watch last night when I was bed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

So Team Aguri are parting ways with Aguri Suzuki while talks are on-going with new investors. Watch this space, hopefuly F-e doesn't lose a team where no deal can be reached.

http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2016/april/aguri-suzuki-to-part-company-with-team-aguri/

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Aye, is interesting alright. They changed drivers today already and gotten rid of Salvador Duran and put in Qing Hua!

I noted the change in drivers for that car alright so perhaps your Ma has a major Chinese company backing him and could be the new investors??? Sure that's how he got his run in GP2 plus testing in F1 for both HRT and Caterham with the Chinese commercial backing.

So it's Formula e this Saturday at the Paris ePrix track - one of the best in the world (so FIA President Jean Todt says :pac:)

So where to watch:

On 3e from 2.30pm
    On ITV 4 from 2pm (may be geo-locked on Virgin) but free-to-air on satellite!

Also available on Youtube streaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/FIAFormulaE

Here's the track layout (interesting pit lane with a hairpin - full lock anyone?!)

paris.map.jpg

And a video of the lap (forward to 1.00)

The lap looks fairly basic, but hey, long straights for towing up behind drivers - and some corners that'll catch a few people out!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

It's times like these I realise how cringeworthy Formula E's theme song is. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Am hoping the race in Paris is a good one but agree that the track layout looks very basic but hopefully it will make for a good race.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

astrofluff wrote: »
    So it's Formula e this Saturday at the Paris ePrix track - one of the best in the world (so FIA President Jean Todt says :pac:)

So where to watch:

On 3e from 2.30pm
    On ITV 4 from 2pm (may be geo-locked on Virgin) but free-to-air on satellite!

Also available on Youtube streaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/FIAFormulaE

Here's the track layout (interesting pit lane with a hairpin - full lock anyone?!)

paris.map.jpg

And a video of the lap (forward to 1.00)

The lap looks fairly basic, but hey, long straights for towing up behind drivers - and some corners that'll catch a few people out!

Acquiring some of this post for the official fan site if you don't mind?

antodeco wrote: »
    Acquiring some of this post for the official fan site if you don't mind?

Fire away, you're more than welcome. The image and video are linked to other sites of course and are not mine!

Where is the official fan site? I'd be interested in reading...

astrofluff wrote: »
    Fire away, you're more than welcome. The image and video are linked to other sites of course and are not mine!

Where is the official fan site? I'd be interested in reading...

Just ran through Facebook. Have a look in my signature. I just run the Irish site

• Advertisement
    Ms

Looks like this Paris track might be good the Qualifying certainly looked exciting lots of mistakes and incidents even a small crash in it. Heres hopping for a good race.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

God, why do I keep forgetting this is on a Saturday... I guess it's easy to not notice or remember the races since they're all one day affairs, so there's no big weekend buildup like in, well, all other motosport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Found it hard to make out the track, all sort of looked the same, fell asleep during race so not sure if it was any good

Ms

@ Ghost Train. The race started of ok but then got kinda boring as there its not really any room on the track to pass but then there was a full track yellow so a car could be removed fro the track as it had developed a drive problem and the race got a bit better until a small crash 5 laps from the end and after that it was the safety car for the last laps. So it was a average race certainly not the best race maybe it will be better there next year.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

TheChrisD wrote: »
    God, why do I keep forgetting this is on a Saturday... I guess it's easy to not notice or remember the races since they're all one day affairs, so there's no big weekend buildup like in, well, all other motosport.

I remembered that it was on yesterday morning and then remembered that it was on yesterday afternoon - just as it ended. I was the exact same last year. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Harika

Too bad you cannot record series with Sky. :( but good race in a nice area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

All races are live on youtube and then available to watch whenever you want afterwards on the official youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/FIAFormulaE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Harika wrote: »
    Too bad you cannot record series with Sky. :( but good race in a nice area.

3e is recordable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Moscow race has been cancelled.

• Advertisement

Pity to lose race from already small calander. Pity Monaco not a yearly race either.

Are those all starting issues or is it going down the route of A1GP? Cause also that there is no backfilling for Trullis team should worry them.

Are those all starting issues or is it going down the route of A1GP?

I wouldn't say starting issues, this one rather is a governmental issue and red tape getting in the way; it's the same sort of problem that caused IndyCar's return to Brazil at the start of 2015 to be cancelled. A1GP on the other hand was a completely private championship, not affiliated with the FIA, and they were shut due to money issues (mostly from the abrupt change to the Ferrari cars).
    Cause also that there is no backfilling for Trullis team should worry them.
    It's not a worry, just logistics; any new team who would have wanted to come in mid-season would have had to either settle for the original season 1 power unit, or would have to very quickly find a manufacturer willing to build a new power unit at really short notice. Besides, Jaguar are coming on board with a factory effort next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Berlin this weekend.

This weekend will have a 5 live Formula 1 kind of vibe to it as Dario Franchitti will be replaced by Allan McNish in commentary.

Just wondering, if you miss turn 1, are you going to be slapped with a self imposed drive through penalty? Surely you won't be allowed to turn back around.

• Advertisement

that's a likely scenario! Had to Google the map to see what it was like.

10xy35f.png

ABT Schaeffler Audi Sport have retained Lucas di Grassi and Daniel Abt, and Renault e.dams have confirmed Buemi and Prost for next season

Anytime I see the e.dams name it reminds me of cheese.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Anytime I see the e.dams name it reminds me of cheese.

I hear it's made backwards !

antodeco wrote: »
    I hear it's made backwards !

Nah, that's just what happens when they give Maldonado a go. :D

• Advertisement
    Ms

Am looking forward to this race its new and the track looks simple enough with only 10 turns but also some good long straight sections so hopefully there will be some good racing and overtaking on this track. There should be some nice scenery to see too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

2:30 on 3e if you need to watch it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Well that was weird, McNish had to leave unexpectedly. Hope nothing serious happened his family or something, hopefully was just the trots

Holy crap race control, what's with all these meatballs? Rast I can understand, but I don't get the others?!?!?! Jesus, this is turning into IndyCar race control amateur hour...

Yeah, seemed very very harsh!

Ms

What a race very exciting lots of action lots of overtakes and even some team orders being giving too and then ignored. Am delighted for Sebastian Buemi winning. Great track hope it returns again next year.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Here's a question, do you think Dublin could host an ePrix? In the Phoenix Park for example, and do you think it would be a success?

They'd need somewhere that wouldn't bring the city to a grinding halt if they used it...maybe the Luas tracks would suffice. :pac:

flazio wrote: »
    Here's a question, do you think Dublin could host an ePrix? In the Phoenix Park for example, and do you think it would be a success?

Absolutely, the event is a one day event, with temporary pits, stands, track ... like Long Beach there were 23000 in attendance, for a free event, I assume Dublin can easily get that too.

Ms

Here's a question, do you think Dublin could host an ePrix? In the Phoenix Park for example, and do you think it would be a success?[/QUOTE

I don,t think the Phoenix Park would work as its too open and these cars race on street circuits best but I do think Dublin could certainly host one and hopefully does sometime and think it would be great. Was only thinking about myself last weak actually about which city in Ireland would be best to host an ePrix race.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

AMKC wrote: »
    Here's a question, do you think Dublin could host an ePrix? In the Phoenix Park for example, and do you think it would be a success?[/QUOTE

I don,t think the Phoenix Park would work as its too open and these cars race on street circuits best but I do think Dublin could certainly host one and hopefully does sometime and think it would be great. Was only thinking about myself last weak actually about which city in Ireland would be best to host an ePrix race.

I think in Cork, along Patrick Street, would work. I looked at a track and just two spots might be problematic with traffic islands.

Remember, part of the remit of FE is to have as minimum a carbon footprint as possible, that's why they are all in the middle of cities. Public transport links. I am a Galway man but even I will admit that Dublin, with its tram network, electric trains, (when the workers bother) and extensive bus network is the kind of city that would attract the big wigs of Formula E. Park land in the middle of a city would be a new challenge for the cars and from what I understand, racing does take place there.

Problem with Dublin (Id be all for it) is that most of the roads that arent main thoroughfares have ramps every 30 foot. They would all have to be removed.

The problem with Phoenix Park is that I dont think there are enough roads to run the course on, as a lot of them are independent to each other. They would have turn back onto it self.

Last race of the season is on this weekend.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Last race of the season is on this weekend.

Also second last race of the season on this weekend too ;)

Round 9 on Saturday, Round 10 on Sunday

Ms

Also second last race of the season on this weekend too ;)

Round 9 on Saturday, Round 10 on Sunday

Both races are live on ITV 4 and 3e from 2pm and 2.30pm respectively.
    They races here were really good last year. Hope the are good again this year.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Weather in London not looking great for the weekend so good chance of some rain

Finally a wet FE race? Especially on Sunday, Google says 50% chance of rain in the afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Remember, part of the remit of FE is to have as minimum a carbon footprint as possible, that's why they are all in the middle of cities. Public transport links. I am a Galway man but even I will admit that Dublin, with its tram network, electric trains, (when the workers bother) and extensive bus network is the kind of city that would attract the big wigs of Formula E. Park land in the middle of a city would be a new challenge for the cars and from what I understand, racing does take place there.
    I think Galway would make a lovely backdrop to a GP, race through the centre and out the docks.

But it's a fupping nightmare to get in and out of.

• Advertisement
    Ms

First Race on today. Its on ITV not ITV4 as I previously said. My mistake. The build up is on already race should start around 4pm. Its on 3e from 3.30pm

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement