Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TITLE EDIT..DIFFERENCES IN GENERATIONAL EDUCATION AND CUTE WHOORISM CULTURE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Toshchiy Imperatritsy Vselennoy

Stupid post is ironic.

Of course the older generation are generally less formally educated. Going to college only became a normal thing recently. Even in the 1980s, many people had to work straight after school to make money, or emigrate.
    Everyone knows this. What new point are you trying to make?

Oh wait, I know: that as well as being less formally educated, they're also more stupid than young people, coincidentally.
    What a nonsensical thesis.

Do you have no self-awareness at all? Did it not once occur to you not only that you're simply wrong to make such a sweeping, stupid statement, but that you also come across as a stereotype of a smug, snobby, selfish, clueless young person, lacking in basic common sense and empathy?
    It's such a shame that you do come across like that, because the stereotype of ignorant, entitled Celtic Tiger cubs in contrast to less formally educated but more sensible people isn't completely true.
    There are many smart young students and graduates with a lot of common sense out there, but I doubt you're one of them.

"Brightness" my arse.
    Further more it is your post that comes accross as ignorant. And you represent the type of attitude that is inherent. You think it's snobbery not actual observation.

It is doubtfull that common sense in the traditional sense of the phrase is going to be applicable to being an accounting technician instead of the qualification to actually be an accounting technician.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Don't worry lads, she's probably not as smart as she thinks given the level of dumbing down in the education sector throughout the years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Older people built this country

Most of the people on boards thinks Ireland is a sh1thole.
    The country is kinda in a mess at present.

gozunda wrote: »
    The OPs opening salvo is a bit of a sweeping statement imo and the title appears to assign stupidity with lack of education.

There are plenty of 'seniors' that I know that have degrees and postgraduate qualifications and I also know many intelligent people without formal third level qualifications.

However I do believe there is again of truth in what they have said. There appears to be a culture of (for want of a better term) cute hoors who have gained their employment (both public and private) preference through knowing someone rather than knowing anything.

I could cite dozens of examples of individuals who have been appointed to responsible positions without regard to either qualifications or experience. In my experience a number of these are a danger to both themselves and the public at large. Yet they continue to be cosseted and protected by the systems in place. For example I know of people who are employed to train in the field of adult education who have neither the aptitude or qualifications or other personal qualities to do so yet because they have been 'in' the position for years they get away with it.

Thankfully we are are moving towards a point where 'cute whoridism' is less tolerated and there are more controls on such practises.

Personally I believe we as a society should be much less tolerant of these individuals than we actually are.

This is a good response.

The 'cute whorism' is exactly what i am talking about. I accpet there are dozens of managers who have no formal education who are brilliant. However there are some knowledge based professions that still have entirely unsuitable people. And it is very much like the situation you describe.

I accept the title is offensive though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

When you think you've learned it all, you can still learn humility.

Older people built this country and paid for your education, giving you many opportunities they themselves didn't have.

How did they build the country?they weren't martyrs,they just went to work to make a shillin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

inmyday wrote: »

Older people built this country

Most of the people on boards thinks Ireland is a sh1thole.
    The country is kinda in a mess at present.

Compare it to Ireland in the 1950s for some perspective

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Compare it to Ireland in the 1950s for some perspective

I agree with you. But many on boards thinks Ireland is a dump, and all politicians are clowns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

kneemos wrote: »

Older people built this country and paid for your education, giving you many opportunities they themselves didn't have.

How did they build the country?they weren't martyrs,they just went to work to make a shillin.

Paying a lifetime's tax for starters.

I know my parents sacrificed a lot to give me a better quality of life.

Ficheall wrote: »
    I'm inclined to believe that the OP is trolling.

That is hardly a point of contention.
    Third-level qualifications are given to just about anyone who wants one these days.

No I am not trolling. And I would be all for higher standards of regulation in third level education and in professional bodies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

I was surprised, I would actually say younger people lack less knowledge than older people..

You can have fifty degrees behind you, and an 80 year old could still outdo you in the knowledge/intelligence department.

Younger generations are so arrogant nowadays, I'm ashamed to be part of it sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

inmyday wrote: »
    I agree with you. But many on boards thinks Ireland is a dump, and all politicians are clowns.
    No, not clowns... Just teachers and other such nonsense that has nothing to do with politics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

summerskin wrote: »

Many(not all of course, not going to go into a foolish, generalising rant...) graduates have an enormous level of smugness and entitlement that the non grads don't.

Would much rather someone had worked to gain experience in their field, than have to listen to the graduate who thinks they know it all after reading a few text books.

This generalisation is as bad as that expostulated by the OP tbh...

I just love it when individuals trot out equating education with reading "a few text books"

What do you think those in the medical, legal and other professional spheres utilise as a repository of their accumulated knowledge; education is also learning to use reason and logic - something that the above post is missing.

The Fahrenheit 451 attitude to one of the humanities principle repositorties of knowledge is I hope more a reflection of the individual than our society...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

OP, I think what you've noticed is a general thing, it certainly isn't restricted to Ireland.
    And I do not think that the root of it is an entire generation being less educated than the next generation.
    I think what happened went as follows : the previous generation entered the workforce, just as you are now. The well educated ones, the clever ones and the ones with brains moved up and on, and the ones remaining at the entry level of just a bit above were the ones incapable of moving up.
    Move on a few years, and you now enter the workforce. You come in at entry level, and the people you meet there who are still around from the previous generation aren't exactly the cream of that generation. They are still doing the same job they have been doing when they started, as they weren't willing or able to continue learning which would have allowed them to progress.

And, girl, you're young and female. If you're unfortunate enough to be pretty as well, expect to be patronised. Again, that's not necessarily limited to Ireland, though I have noticed it here a little more than elsewhere, especially in some older men.
    But again, it's some not all that will patronise, I've been lucky enough to have met some very brilliant people who won't think of a pretty young professional as an airhead getting through life on looks and charm.
    But I have also encountered the attitudes you were posting about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I know he's a bit old, but the OP's post reminds me of Mark Twain's
    "When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."
    OP just seems to be hitting puberty a little late - there is definitely a whop of teen angst permeating the thread.

That does not address the argument. It seems to be a sentimental ploy to distract from the argument. I don't accept the romantic self sacrificing image you seem to have of that generation considering some of the personalities in Irish life who dominated it. It seemed to be one of the greediest generations ever. If you wax lyrical about the 70's gen just remember Haughey and those that kept him in power came from that generation. And I don't accept it was that generation that gave anything ..it was different economic conditions driven by EU membership and the world economy.

Do you think their are many in positions of senority in this country who are unqualified and is this unique in a certain way to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Love urge title change :D

I think you're a bit out in your ages. I'm 36 and most 40 year olds I know have excellent third level education.

However 50 +, their education may not be up to your standard, but wheel it comes to workplace experience they could wipe the floor with you. For that generation many didn't have the luxury of going to secondary school nevermind college. But hey, don't let that stop you trouncing all over them just because they don't have letters after their names.

I would be all for higher standards of regulation in third level education and in professional bodies.
    So you would agree that the qualifications you are touting as testament to the intelligence of the younger generation are seriously under-regulated and indicate next to nothing in relation to a person's intelligence, perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭The Big Lebowsky

Fair point, I should not give it if i can't take it. I will proof it.

Perhaps you should have (proof) read your little rant before posting it princess.:D

It should have read- Fair point, I should not give it if I can't take it. I will prove it. This is basic english grammar anyone of limited intelligence would have mastered..

And please don't forget to capitalize your I's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

To all those deriding the OP as arrogant and ignorant :

Have you never in your working life encountered someone some 20, 30 even 40 years older than you, still sitting what is pretty much an entry position and having been there for decades, refusing to listen to any ideas, refusing to change the way they work to make it more effective as it would mean learning to work with new technology?
    I've encountered that back in Germany when working in a libary (the person in question refused to touch a computer, so when he had enquiries by customers if we had a certain book/CD/DVD/etc., he would try and answer from memory or wander over to where he thought the item might be, rather than check the catalogue), and now working in Ireland in accountancy/admin, where we have people in the office whose job it is to trace payments who will still enter figures into a spreadsheet and then pull out a calculator to do the sums rather than use the functionalities of the spreadsheet.

I do realise that extrapolating these examples to represent their entire generation is a little silly and pointless, but to pretend that just because someone is older and has done the same thing all their lifes, they know how to do it best is even sillier.

Ficheall wrote: »
    So you would agree that the qualifications you are touting as testament to the intelligence of the younger generation are seriously under-regulated and indicate next to nothing in relation to a person's intelligence, perhaps?

No not entirely.It depends on where they were awarded and what level they attained. I did an M.A. abroad. Some Irish Universities are very respected abroad. Some are less so.

I would certainly be of the opinion that someone with a degree in law would be be better able to handle a job in a companies legal dept over someone who does not have that degree.

That is not to say experience is not important also. But you have to know your profession either way.

• Advertisement

Shenshen wrote: »
    Have you never in your working life encountered someone some 20, 30 even 40 years older than you, still sitting what is pretty much an entry position and having been there for decades, refusing to listen to any ideas, refusing to change the way they work to make it more effective as it would mean learning to work with new technology?
    I've encountered that back in Germany when working in a libary (the person in question refused to touch a computer, so when he had enquiries by customers if we had a certain book/CD/DVD/etc., he would try and answer from memory or wander over to where he thought the item might be, rather than check the catalogue), and now working in Ireland in accountancy/admin, where we have people in the office whose job it is to trace payments who will still enter figures into a spreadsheet and then pull out a calculator to do the sums rather than use the functionalities of the spreadsheet.

I do realise that extrapolating these examples to represent their entire generation is a little silly and pointless, but to pretend that just because someone is older and has done the same thing all their lifes, they know how to do it best is even sillier.

I know a guy in his fifties whose house is full of thousands of books which he has collected over twenty years, and on a number of occasions I've been in with him having tea and we'd be discussing something and he'd recall a certain nice and (sometimes) relevant paragraph or definition from a certain book and he'd pop upstairs and pick it up from the bottom of some pile of books or from the back of some cupboard. He has great difficulty checking his emails. Extrapolate away.

I'm in my twenties, and I refuse to get a smartphone or an ipod etc. It doesn't necessarily make me less intelligent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

OP, in most professions qualifications are really only an introduction to the job or training in a way of thinking. Languages im sure are different but then its also a far narrower field then most. A university degree does not normally equate to someone slotting in nice and neatly into a job, they will still need extensive training unless the position is very mundane. In my experience there is no qualification as impressive as experience.

The prime example you gave sounds not so much as being about stupid old people as it does canny old people taking advantage of a naive youngster. Next time you feel it will take more then the half hour then let them know beforehand that if the work is not done you will continue to be charging.

Are you definately Irish? Im surprised by some of the sentiments and your phrasing can seem odd. One more point, your level of education is not normal in Ireland or any other European country - in fact young Irish people especially females are amongst the most educated in Europe.

http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/statistics_explained/index.php?title=File:Proportion_of_the_population_aged_30_to_34_having_a_tertiary_educational_attainment,_2010_(1)_(%25).png&filetimestamp=20111117133420

Perhaps you should have (proof) read your little rant before posting it princess.:D

It should have read- Fair point, I should not give it if I can't take it. I will prove it. This is basic english grammar anyone of limited intelligence would have mastered..

And please don't forget to capitalize your I's
    No the post is correct.
    I MEANT proof. It is correct. :o:)

I meant I would PROOF it as I stated.

Don't refer to me as princess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

smash wrote: »
    Just teachers and other such nonsense that has nothing to do with politics.

Em, everything has to do with politics!

I would certainly be of the opinion that someone with a degree in law would be be better able to handle a job in a companies legal dept over someone who does not have that degree.
    Ceteris paribus, yes, someone with a degree in law would be better able to handle a job in a company's legal dept. than someone who did not have the degree, certainly, but I'd sooner hire someone who had spent the three years actually working in a legal department.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

One has a PHD, two other B.A's and one other M.A and my other parent a B.A. They would be of the same opinion as myself.

Unsurprising really, most people don't lick weapons grade c**tishness up off a stone like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Can you boil an egg OP? I often find the those who judge others solely on their level of education struggle with basic tasks

Balmed Out wrote: »
    OP, in most professions qualifications are really only an introduction to the job or training in a way of thinking. Languages im sure are different but then its also a far narrower field then most. A university degree does not normally equate to someone slotting in nice and neatly into a job, they will still need extensive training unless the position is very mundane. In my experience there is no qualification as impressive as experience.

The prime example you gave sounds not so much as being about stupid old people as it does canny old people taking advantage of a naive youngster. Next time you feel it will take the half hour then let them know beforehand that if the work is not done you will continue to be charging.

Are you definately Irish? Im surprised by some of the sentiments and your phrasing can seem odd. One more point, your level of education is not normal in Ireland or any other European country - in fact young Irish people especially females are amongsth the most educated in Europe.

http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/statistics_explained/index.php?title=File:Proportion_of_the_population_aged_30_to_34_having_a_tertiary_educational_attainment,_2010_(1)_(%25).png&filetimestamp=20111117133420
    Yes I am certain that I am Irish. What does that have to do with it? I have one non Irish parent but I was born here to an Irish father.

I am aware that in THIS country having two other languages would generally give someone an edge. Besides the UK though, this is not so much the case anywhere else. It would be helpful as sometimes the linguistic ability of those on the continent might be limited to their own langauge and English.

I am aware that the younger generation is amongst the most educated in Europe. All of Europe is infact aware of it. It is the only thing drawing in investment.

You say my level of education is not normal in Ireland. I would say it is very normal amongst my generation.

Where To wrote: »
    Can you boil an egg OP? I often find the those who judge others solely on their level of education struggle with basic tasks

I can crack nuts ....does that count?

By the way I am judging only in terms of job suitability.

We all have to be judged all of us.

• Advertisement

So can monkeys. How long does it take you to be conversant in a new language, on average?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

OK
    I have to get this off my chest.

It seems to me there is a huge education gap in the generations in Ireland.

Well thats blatantly obvious, no need to state it. Bits of paper were only recently given importance.

I was working in the UK for a few weeks (I freelance and i am back in Dublin now).

I found the culture there towards age and qualifications different. My education, qualifications and ability mattered more. And older people were willing to listen and accept instruction.

I am young, female, Irish; I have a B.A, a postgrad and two languages.

Why is it relevent what sex you are? Is this meant to be a plus over being male? In most environments its not actually, so don't know why you stated it?

I know i am not all that. In most other European countries i am the norm.

But i am tired of the older generation’s lack of qualification and knowledge. It is not ageism i have no issues with people retraining or having experience. But really I notice it in every area of the public and private sector...in my area everyone over 40 in Ireland is not educated or trained enough to deal with the aspects of their profession as professionally as they would in other countries.

You can be professional, and you can be effective. I know which one i prefer. But yes, on a whole, public service education levels in the upper echelons are lower than that on the continent. But after 30 years in service, what you learned decades ago is mostly forgotten/irrelevent/superceded by experience.

They seem surprised at my perceived 'brightness'.

The youth are told that they are the most molly coddled generation. I disagree it is the older generation of bankers business men and those in the public sector and public office holding those positions without much education or intelligence that are the most molly coddled.

Proof for that or are you just going rabble rabble?

We bailout their incompetence and corruption and deal with the personal economic crisis of ex millionaires in their middle age who can't understand what they did wrong.

The crisis came about from an economic dip that went boom when every idiot who bought at the limit of their personal finances (110% mortgages etc) started reneging on their mortgages. This is a crisis brought about by everyone, not just a few.

It just seems like an elephant in the room.

When i speak to younger people...they are often over educated if anything and tired of being patronised by incompetents.

Smacks of "my parents are so totally lame". "Yeah totally". Younger people always mistake advice for patronisation.

Mine in red.

Good rant.

Bambi wrote: »
    Unsurprising really, most people don't lick weapons grade c**tishness up off a stone like

I am surprised you accuse me of that quality considering what you just posted.

It is not 'weapons grade' whatever it is simply a point. You are free to use reason to disagree with it.

Or you can just swear.

Ficheall wrote:
    Ceteris paribus, yes, someone with a degree in law would be better able to handle a job in a company's legal dept. that someone who did not have the degree, certainly, but I'd sooner hire someone who had spent the three years actually working in a legal department.

Using this logic then I presume you would be hapy to employ a solicitior that was not qualified but may or may not have a proper understanding of the law and attend a GP who had not taken their final exams but had instead spent time administrating to a tribe of remote South American Indians?

Rather you than me ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I hope your not bragging about being able to speak a couple of languages?

You say my level of education is not normal in Ireland. I would say it is very normal amongst my generation.

In your age group and in your social class maybe.

But the average inner city dweller doesn't make it past level 6, let alone 7/8/9/10.

Average in your generation is somewhere between level 7 and 8 on the national qualifications scale.

So can monkeys. How long does it take you to be conversant in a new language, on average?

Your hypothesis about 'boiled eggs' is moronic at best. It also lacks logic - what the hell has the ability or otherwise to boil an egg got to do with having attained a third level qualification? This is definitly the single most ridiculous assertion I have seen to date...

Btw - Well done if you have reached this level of achievement ...

Though tbh not too many people I know aspire to 'boil eggs' for a living

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Stupid post is ironic.

Whatever about the OP, it is the above sort of put-down that really annoys me.

Also tw@ts that say "Jesus wept"

Tossers

I am aware that the younger generation is amongst the most educated in Europe. All of Europe is infact aware of it. It is the only thing drawing in investment.

Only english speaking country in the Euro.
    Relatively good infrastructure.
    Good proximity to shipping lanes and global markets.
    Stable weather (read: no natural disasters)

• Advertisement

Your hypothesis about 'boiled eggs' is moronic at best. It also lacks logic - what the hell has the ability or otherwise to boil an egg got to do with having attained a third level qualification? This is definitly the single most ridiculous assertion I have seen to date...

So you would trust someone with your most sensitive legal intricacies that lacks the basic ability to look after themselves?

Ok. I wouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

That is basically saying being 'A YES MAN' is more important than being qualified. And that is EXACTLY how the Irish private sector has been run.

No it's not, it's nothing like that at all....

It's saying that you could have a PhD sitting next to you in the office,
    but if he's incapable of dealing with other people properly or communicating effectively then his knowledge goes to waste since it's impossible to integrate his expertise with the rest of company.

As an employer which are you going to pick, the "expert" with several degrees who knows everything, or the guy with more experience and is more effective in the role?

Knowledge is useless unless the person has the right skills to put it into practice.

It depends on the language and your own native language. A translator needs to be absolutley fluent not nearly conversant. And an interpreter (they are different jobs) needs to be as near to a native speaker as poss.

I would be more than conversant. And I would need to be. A translator could get away with maybe a training course if they already could speak the language well. An interpretor (like myself) would need more. Infact it is a life long area of study. You are constantly adding new areas of specialized language (legal etc). And you have to keep up your skill level all the time.

To be an interpretor you need to have 3 languages (including your own native language).

Usually people might have a B.A in their language(s) and then an M.A in lignuistics then do a 2 yr translation or interpretation course.

And of course there are numerous yrs of study oustide this.

Look I am no genius but when someone hires me they get somone who can do their job well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

I get what you're trying to say OP but it would be like me saying that females in Ireland are too emotional and unpredictable to keep up in the Business sector, I could then claim to not be sexist by saying that in Asia they are more reserved and are able to control themselves in the workplace but many would still read it as my being sexist!

Using this logic then I presume you would be hapy to employ a solicitior that was not qualified but may or may not have a proper understanding of the law and attend a GP who had not taken their final exams but had instead spent time administrating to a tribe of remote South American Indians?

Rather you than me ...
    I think solicitors need "qualifications" to legally be allowed to practise, but aside from that, I would have no qualms about hiring the person in your scenario over someone who had nothing to recommend them other than a piece of paper from they bought in one of our fine educational institutes.

I do rate our medical degrees as worthwhile but I'm sure there's some significance to your mention of South American Indians.

I get what you're trying to say OP but it would be like me saying that females in Ireland are too emotional and unpredictable to keep up in the Business sector, I could then claim to not be sexist by saying that in Asia they are more reserved and are able to control themselves in the workplace but many would still read it as my being sexist!

Thats a good point. Good way to flip the script on me.

• Advertisement

It depends on the language and your own native language. A translator needs to be absolutley fluent not nearly conversant. And an interpreter (they are different jobs) needs to be as near to a native speaker as poss.

I would be more than conversant. And I would need to be. A translator could get away with maybe a training course if they already could speak the language well. An interpretor (like myself) would need more. Infact it is a life long area of study. You are constantly adding new areas of specialized language (legal etc). And you have to keep up your skill level all the time.

To be an interpretor you need to have 3 languages (including your own native language).

Usually people might have a B.A in their language(s) and then an M.A in lignuistics then do a 2 yr translation or interpretation course.

And of course there are numerous yrs of study oustide this.

Look I am no genius but when someone hires me they get somone who can do their job well.
    So you're doing a job anyone could do.

Why the need for so much arrogance in your posts then? Do your job to the best of your ability, there's wasters and chancers in every profession, not much you can do about that.

I'm not having a go at you by the way, you just need to lighten up a bit.

So you would trust someone with your most sensitive legal intricacies that lacks the basic ability to look after themselves?

Ok. I wouldn't.

Again your lack of logic is more revealing of you than the op

You have stated that those with a higher level of education are unable to boil an egg!

So therefore if you are qualified you can't look after yourself!

That's some conclusion and presumption based on your opinion.

Yes I would trust a qualified professional whether they could or could not boil an egg because it is irrelevant because they are qualified to do the job that I am employing them to do.

Btw the way I do not wish to be disparaging to egg boilers - it's a very valuable profession.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

I would agree with you 100% and purely based on my own experiences but most girls are disastrous when put in any type of (even slightly) pressurised work situation

I would agree with you 100% and purely based on my own experiences but most girls are disastrous when put in any type of (even slightly) pressurised work situation

Oh dear...,.

Again your lack of logic is more revealing of you than the op

You have stated that those with a higher level of education are unable to boil an egg!

So therefore if you are qualified you can't look after yourself!

You might want to check your own "logic" before you are so quick to accuse others of being lacking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement