Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NOAH (North Dublin Orthopaedic Animal Hospital)

• 27-09-2012 9:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Our dog, Ozzy, has a dodgy back and has to get an operation next week. I just want to know if anyone here has had their pets with NOAH (North Dublin Orthopaedic Animal Hospital) in Baldoyle?

We are just a little nervous about getting the operation but the Vet made it sound simple and more or less risk free.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

The head honcho vet in NOAH is one of the most highly regarded orthopaedic vets in Ireland, you're in safe hands with him :)
    But if you have concerns or worries, talk to him about it! Don't be worried about asking questions, even if you think they seem small or immaterial: if you're worried about something, then it's important enough to be clarified before the surgery goes ahead.
    The best of luck: it's so worrying putting our pets under the knife, so here's hoping your pooch will sail through it all :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

As its Baldoyle, I'm guessing its Billy? No hesitations whatsoever in recommending them. Amazing vets, my cat wouldn't be alive without them, fixed crushed ribs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Yep, if it's Billy then have had great success with him in the past and comes highly recommended from my own vet who is pretty hot on the ortho front himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

My dog had life saving surgery with this surgeon. Highly recommended. Because of the nature of the intervention we expected him to be disfigured afterwards, but the operation was so precise you can barely tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭nedd

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies, Ozzy was operated on on Tuesday and he is home now. He had 2 discs removed from his spine and I have to say he is in great form.

We were worried that we weren't doing the right thing getting him operated on but now I have to admit that it was the best course of action.

Thanks for easing our worries just a little.

• Advertisement
Advertisement