Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supporters buses to croke park on sunday

Options
  • 27-09-2012 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Any buses going up to croke park for the game? The Galway Hurling Supporters Club are running buses with bus eireann but its sold out:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

just checked for you and try the city link website, plenty of times.

i use them going to cork fairly often and always found them helpful and reasonable. very confort seats and a toilet. once you use them, you'll never go back to bus eireann, go bus is also the same. not sure if there owned by the same guy who owns 'burkes busses' but for sure there going in the right direction.

ps i dont work for the,

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yes, there are plenty of times - but you WILL need to book in advance if you're planning on using GoBus or CityLink (or even Bus Éireann :)) - they'd sold out by Saturday last time, and it sounds like even more people are heading up this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Book today because you're risking it leaving it till tomorrow for Citylink/GoBus/Bus Éirinn normal service. Think last time the Supporter's Bus sold out 5 buses before the Friday of the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

Book today because you're risking it leaving it till tomorrow for Citylink/GoBus/Bus Éirinn normal service. Think last time the Supporter's Bus sold out 5 buses before the Friday of the match.

yes agree with this, isnt the office on foster street.

last time around i didnt get tickets till the saturday so when i went to book the LATEST bus going to dublin was 5.45 AM. citylink and gobus both booked out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

i just booked two tickets and the return journey time that I wanted was not available anymore, I had to go for a later return journey time. Book quickly I would advise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

JustMary wrote: »
    Yes, there are plenty of times - but you WILL need to book in advance if you're planning on using GoBus or CityLink (or even Bus Éireann :)) - they'd sold out by Saturday last time, and it sounds like even more people are heading up this time.

Yeap they were even all booked up from 6.15am to 11.15am on Sunday last for the Donegal - Mayo final.

Be careful with GoBus (and maybe Citylink), if you've booked you still need to be there over 10mins before departure or they will give away your seat... happened a few people on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Left it until Saturday night before the first final to book a bus up and I had to get a 5.15 bus :eek: If you haven't already booked do so now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

If you turn up 20 minutes before the bus to book your spot you won't be going to Dublin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Dunno about that. In the past when a bus was full, BÉ would've requistioned a second bus to take the surplus passengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

snubbleste wrote: »
    Dunno about that. In the past when a bus was full, BÉ would've requistioned a second bus to take the surplus passengers.

That only works if there's a spare bus (and driver) available. With the numbers heading up to the big D on Sunday, I suspect the spares would be used up pretty quickly.

Besides ... if you know you're going, just BOOK ... it's not that hard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭ratracer

I checked city link website a few mins ago, booked out now

I might have two train tickets.

11:05 up(not a problem if you don't want to see the minor match) and 6:45 back.

First one isn't sold out yet but the one back is.

Advertisement