Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bill Clinton reveals he could run for Irish Presidency

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

He could have competition given Obama's heritage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

He's a salt of the earth lad. I'd vote for him

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

davet82 wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/next-resident-of-the-aras-bill-clinton-reveals-he-could-run-for-irish-presidency-3242239.html
    FORMER US President Bill Clinton has revealed that he would be eligible to run for President of Ireland in 2018 if he wished.

The former President said: “If I move to Ireland and buy a house, I can run for president of Ireland because of my Irish heritage.”

well he has my vote :)
    Lock up ur house maids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It will be interesting if O'Bama decides to do the same thing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Won't his missus be looking at running for the US presidency in the next few years again?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

Maybe he could run for Taoiseach and actually get something done .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Part of the interview with Piers Morgan was played this morning. Morgan wanted him as UK PM. Clinton didn't even bat an eye lid at that but went on to tell how if he bought a house in Ireland he could be our President, or seeing as how he was born in a part of the US once a part of the French Empire he could be President of France.

I bet Piers really loved that :pac: :pac: :pac: One in the eye for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Get him in the squad Trapp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

His record as President of America was questionable. He was lucky with the decisions he made on the economy but he (and his wife) made a mess of their healthcare bill, he was also doing the help.

He'd probably like the internship scheme.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

He probably could get lots done, Not as if there is any sexy women in the Dail to distract him. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Slurryface

Why not, we have had forigen born presidents before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Won't his missus be looking at running for the US presidency in the next few years again?

I suspect it was more of a throwaway comment than an actual declaration. Hilary will definitely want to get (back)in to the driving seat soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

He probably could get lots done, Not as if there is any sexy women in the Dail to distract him. :pac:

idk he could end up giving mary lou the 'cigar treatment' ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

I like Bill Clinton but not enough to vote for him if he ran for president. I don't think we could afford him and his wife tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Wouldn't get my vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Thanks for that mental image you ba$tard.

All of the speed vans would be replaced by drones if he became president, it would be carnage.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Jaysus the mental image of that would bring the weetabix flying back up..,,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Another pretty face lauded as a 'great President'

Style over substance just like Obama and JFK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Get him in the squad Trapp.

Bill Clinton Morrison

*runs away*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Slurryface wrote: »
    Why not, we have had forigen born presidents before.

Was that our que to ask you about this nugget of info so you can regale us with your vast knowledge of foreign Irish Presidents??

And from what country do the Forigen come from out of interest? Sounds very alienlike to me!!

Alien-like, maybe!
    Dev, from the good old USA

And Childers, England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Part of the interview with Piers Morgan was played this morning. Morgan wanted him as UK PM. Clinton didn't even bat an eye lid at that but went on to tell how if he bought a house in Ireland he could be our President, or seeing as how he was born in a part of the US once a part of the French Empire he could be President of France.

I bet Piers really loved that :pac: :pac: :pac: One in the eye for ya.
    His father is actually from Offaly. Died when he was one though. His real name is Piers O'Meara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

There is something very fishy about his cigars.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Yea - the thing is though, in reality they are living separate lives.
    He has his companions and she has her co-fridge!

Of course they will play 'the couple' for any elections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

After seeing the shower of ****ehawks trotted out for the last Presidential election I for one welcome our new overlord.

Seriously of the Iot that ran we had a psycho washed up country and western singer.
    We had a failed businessman turned reality tv "star" who was as crooked as the rest of the party he tried to distance himself from

And my personal favorite was the charity "volunteer" that took more for herself than Ethiopia.

tl/dr vote Clinton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

He wouldn't really be eligible to run. it was a strange comment to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Vote Clin-Ton !

We must move forward -- not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Rosedust84

Why do all Americans think they're bleedin Irish ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Which impressed you more?

The bombing of the pharmaceutical factory in Sudan which he ordered?

His bombing of innocent civilians in Belgrade?

The sanctions he imposed on Iraq that killed between 350,000-500,000 children?

Or was it the depleted uranium he ordered to be dropped in Iraq that caused a massive rise in the number of kids born with deformities?

Do tell.

Skid wrote: »
    He wouldn't really be eligible to run. it was a strange comment to make.

He's just havin a laugh, but if he were to become an Irish citizen he would be eligible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

ejmaztec wrote: »
    All of the speed vans would be replaced by drones if he became president, it would be carnage.:(

To be fair to Bill he was more into the Tomahawk cruise missiles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

He'll probably get better pay over here :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Another pretty face lauded as a 'great President'

Style over substance just like Obama and JFK.

low unemployment, job growth, peaceful foreign policy, very low deficits especially compared to fiscal conservatives like Reagan and Bush etc.

• Advertisement

Zebra3 wrote: »

Do tell.

4 MORE YEARS! 4 MORE YEARS! 4 MORE YEARS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

He'd have to give up his American citizenship to be our president. Which is a bit unlikely.

He was of course joking, which is a pity. He'd be better than the current Leprechaun we have installed.

He would easily win the election too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

Or was it the depleted uranium he ordered to be dropped in Iraq that caused a massive rise in the number of kids born with deformities?

Do tell.
    I lived there during his presidencies and I can tell you that the US became a fairer and better society for its citizens due to his policies.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It's just a cunning plan for our new overlords to make us the 51st state.

bluecode wrote: »
    He'd have to give up his American citizenship to be our president. Which is a bit unlikely.

He was of course joking, which is a pity. He'd be better than the current Leprechaun we have installed.

He would easily win the election too.

To be fair, the job of Pres here is pretty powerless. You can't compare like with like.
    A trained chimp or sheepdog would be an adequate Irish President.

• Advertisement

To be fair, the job of Pres here is pretty powerless. You can't compare like with like.
    A trained chimp or sheepdog would be an adequate Irish President.

actually i wanna change my vote to the trained chimp, that would be fun watching it meet the queen lets say :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Mr President, please do not fling your shit at the Queen. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

eth0 wrote: »
    He's a salt of the earth lad. I'd vote for him

as long as you stay on his good side...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Slurryface

frag420 wrote: »
    Was that our que to ask you about this nugget of info so you can regale us with your vast knowledge of foreign Irish Presidents??

And from what country do the Forigen come from out of interest? Sounds very alienlike to me!!
    Dev was Cuban American born in the USA, McAllese was from the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

idk he could end up giving mary Harney the 'cigar treatment' :p

Fyp, she is more Bill's type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

I lived there during his presidencies and I can tell you that the US became a fairer and better society for its citizens due to his policies.

I'm sure that makes all the victims of his foreign policy feel better.

Sure Germans enjoyed a great improvement in their standard of living under Hitler's first eight years in charge. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Do tell.

For me it would be saving those two journalists in Korea, that and his Bogus Journey with Peter Griffen another proud Irishman.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Casillas

I just got a horrible shudder, thinking that this could be the retirement plan for all the future POTUS.

Iremerica!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Glenn_Flinn

Bill Clinton is a 33rd degree mason. He comes from the same lineage as Bush. The forbidden group already have total control over Ireland. Irish people are apathetic sheeple, they don't need a publicity stunt to gain total control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sir Pompous Righteousness

There's actually no documentary evidence of him having Irish ancestry. You need to have at least one grandparent with Irish citizenship in order to claim Irish citizenship via heritage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement