Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

security deposit reversal

Options
  • 27-09-2012 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I had the electric bill changed to my name on Sept 1 and signed up to direct debit. On Sept 4 they requested 300 deposit .would this have been taken out 14 days later ie. on 18 Sept ? Sept 12 acc shows 'security deposit reversal' 300. Will it take 14 days to replace the money , which should have been yesterday ?
    ( I only signed up to online billing yesterday which is why I am asking now. And It was only yesterday I noticed my bank balance had dropped )
    I need that money back as I am a student and have budgeted for every week and didnt think a deposit would be taken .:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Guitarman1,

The reversal would mean the €300 was returned to the account, effective as of immediately.
    Apologies for the security deposit being charged to the account despite you signing up to direct debit - this happened automatically because the direct debit approval from the bank was still pending. Once the direct debit was finalised though, the deposit automatically reversed.

If you would like me to check your Electric Ireland account, do private message me your account number and your name/address in full on the account, as well as either your contact telephone number on your account, or your date of birth.

All the best,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 14 guitarman1

PM sent

Advertisement