Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom P-660HN-T1A firmware?

Options
  • 27-09-2012 10:57am

I bought one of these Eircom modems on adverts. Can you please tell me do I need to update the firmware? I see from this post that some people have had problems with speed drops and needed to update their firmware. However that thread is from March. Is it still the latest? I checked the modem settings and it says it has firmware 1.02(VBC.0) and DSL firmware FwVer:3.16.3.0_A_TC3086 HwVer:T14.F7_7.0.

Thanks for any help. You guys do a great job on here. Cheers! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I bought one of these Eircom modems on adverts. Can you please tell me do I need to update the firmware? I see from this post that some people have had problems with speed drops and needed to update their firmware. However that thread is from March. Is it still the latest? I checked the modem settings and it says it has firmware 1.02(VBC.0) and DSL firmware FwVer:3.16.3.0_A_TC3086 HwVer:T14.F7_7.0.

Thanks for any help. You guys do a great job on here. Cheers! :)

Hi Jeffery Petite Tumor,

Thanks, for the nice comments. I feel a bit guilty having to refer you now ... :p

However broadband support advised it is easier if the customer calls them directly on 1890 260 260 and an agent can remotely upgrade the firmware.

A few customers have had issues with the online links, so going through support would be the fastest way.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Download the latest firmware from this link : http://www.mmnt.net/db/0/0/ftp2.zyxel.com/P-660HN-T1A/firmware
    Most recent is of July this year and my wifi issues are now gone also it will save your current config while updating

I downloaded the June firmware Dazza but it wouldn't accept it. Downloaded the firmware here and it updated fine. Not sure if that's the latest firmware however and can't get through to Eircom all morning for some reason.

I downloaded the June firmware Dazza but it wouldn't accept it. Download the firmware here and it updated fine. Not sure if that's the latest firmware however and can't get through to Eircom all morning for some reason.

Hi Jeffery Petite Tumor,

Apologies there was am issue with the support number at the time you called. However it has been resolved.

Have you managed to call as yet?

Thanks, Mark

Mark,

I called tech support and was told the firmware I linked to was the latest so all is well. Thanks for getting back to me though! :)

• Advertisement

Mark,

I called tech support and was told the firmware I linked to was the latest so all is well. Thanks for getting back to me though! :)

Glad to hear it :)

Thanks for letting me know.

Mark

Advertisement