Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coding for adults

Options
  • 27-09-2012 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi all,

Ive just completed the codeacademy course on Python and now am getting a bit of a hunger for coding. Just wondering is there anything in Dublin for adults that is similar to coder dojo? I would like to get together with other people of different levels to try progress my coding knowledge

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

conor06 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Ive just completed the codeacademy course on Python and now am getting a bit of a hunger for coding. Just wondering is there anything in Dublin for adults that is similar to coder dojo? I would like to get together with other people of different levels to try progress my coding knowledge

Thanks

Check out http://www.tog.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

Also, get yourself to twitter, there are always UserGroups going on and not matter the language they are always very friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭conor06

Thanks guys, ill check both out

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

My final suggestion is to just code, mess around, break stuff, get frustrated, be delighted when the thing you make works, sure none of your friends or family will understand or really care that you added two numbers together but trust me, the little fist pump you do when something works is bloody awesome no matter how trivial it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

OP, find a open source software that you're using and that is coded with python. Find bug list for it. Pick an easy looking one and try to fix it!

I have no idea what is interesting for yoy, but there is over 250.000 :eek: of projects in pythin on github - I'm sure you can find something interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭tadcan

New python tutorials have just been released. They also have a beta section, so you can test lessons and provide feedback to them. I also did the javascript lessons. They spend more time going over the fundamentals of loops etc. So that could be good way to see what is common between most programming languages. Javascript objects are a madness unto themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

join the ubuntu community ! earn accomplishments and contribute to the project :-D

enthusiasts of ALL levels welcomed

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/06/ubuntu-accomplishments-makes-getting-involved-in-ubuntu-fun

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Accomplishments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Any reason why you cant go to third level as a mature student?

Advertisement