Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which PSU?

Options
  • 27-09-2012 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Looking at 2 PSU's at the minute. Need some advice as to which would be best

Corsair CX 430 V2
    Antec Basiq VP 450p

I haven't a clue when it comes to these things so some advice would be really appreciated.

I have an Intel Core 2 Duo e8400 not OC'd
    4GB DDR2 PC-6400 RAM
    Sapphire Radeon HD5870 Vapor-X 1GB
    1 x SATA HDD
    1 x SATA DVD/DVD-RW

No other peripherals pulling down power. The card uses 188w at load so 430/450w PSU is plenty of power. I'm interested in what would be the best of those 2 linked.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

You'd be getting much the same quality of PSU. The Antec reaches 80 efficiency, even though it's not certified. You get much the same cables and power capabilities.

How many PCI-E cables do you need for the 5870. At a quick look, both PSUs only have one and I think you may need two.

Advertisement