Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winning Lotto Ticket Sold in Ardkeen

Options
  • 27-09-2012 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭

One of the 2 winning lotto tickets was sold in Ardkeen Quality Food Stores for last night's draw.

It was a €4 double draw ticket, the jackpot was €5,771,163

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I was only there yesterday and i thought about buying a ticket! ah well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

good luck to em

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

unfortunately won by someone who doesn't need the money. Well known doctors wife......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭decies

Yes apparentley but lets leave it at that shall we.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 wex_lad

UhOh wrote: »
    unfortunately won by someone who doesn't need the money. Well known doctors wife......

Not true, only a rumour. Do you not listen to the radio or read the papers? A person from williamstown won it.

• Advertisement

wex_lad wrote: »
    Do you not listen to the radio or read the papers?

No, I don't actually...

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

Fair play to em

Do you not listen to the radio or read the papers?

No, I don't actually...

Maybe you should start, it might stop you from spreading untrue rumours around.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

ridiculous statement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

So what if it was someone wealthy who won it. They paid for a ticket just like everyone else who plays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Thats the nature of the lottery, it doesnt discriminate whether you are a poverty-ridden struggling young family or well heeled man or woman about town...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Ahh go way are ya serious.I heard they are going to take the Bothair Bhuí out of liquidation.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

The lotto is a gamble whoever won it took the odds the exact same as anyone else, so that means they deserved to win it as much as anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

As the saying goes if your not in you can't win, whoever won it I wish them well, if u don't buy a ticket u just won't know! It's luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Yeah best a luck to them. im sure if any of us won it we would want the same treatment

• Registered Users Posts: 40 RumMonkey

Not true, only a rumour. Do you not listen to the radio or read the papers? A person from williamstown won it.

. . . and Doctor's don't live in Williamstown???

niallo76 wrote: »
    ridiculous statement

how so? With the amount of people struggling in this city the last few years it'd be great to see someone who could actually do with it get the bit of luck for once

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Been looking for an excuse to use this one...

P3mM7.gif

RumMonkey wrote: »

. . . and Doctor's don't live in Williamstown???

Not the doctor who has supposedly won it no.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭daddydick

how so? With the amount of people struggling in this city the last few years it'd be great to see someone who could actually do with it get the bit of luck for once

You're clearly a very bitter person

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

of course, I presume you're privy to the financial circumstances of this doctor and his wife, know their income and outgoings, commitments and debts, thus enabling you to declare they don't really need this money.

All the best for the future to whoever won it.

Just thinking how great it would be to win a couple of million. Its hard to compute really, just every money worry I have would just vanish. Just imagine it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Irish begrudgery and willingness to spread lies alive and well. Worst post i have seen in a long time, truly pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Best of luck to whoever won it.
    Im sure they are going to have loads of new relations appear out of nowhere now. Keep it for yourself whoever you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭libra02

Best of luck to whoever won it.
    Im sure they are going to have loads of new relations appear out of nowhere now. Keep it for yourself whoever you are.

It not been kept a secret too much as I say most of Waterford knows at this stage as three people told me the same person. They were very financially secure before they won this money so this will be an added bonus to the pot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

libra02 wrote: »
    It not been kept a secret too much as I say most of Waterford knows at this stage as three people told me the same person. They were very financially secure before they won this money so this will be an added bonus to the pot.

While I normally wouldn't post unfounded gossip on here, I did hear the doctor's wife won it, but they are far from well off as he helped build a certain medical centre in town and lost a lot of money on it, so this will help them a lot.

Either way, they bought a ticket and won so fair play. You would always like to see someone who needs it win it, but at the end of the day, it's a lottery and only a begrudger would lose any sleep over certain people winning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭libra02

Jason Todd wrote: »
    While I normally wouldn't post unfounded gossip on here, I did hear the doctor's wife won it, but they are far from well off as he helped build a certain medical centre in town and lost a lot of money on it, so this will help them a lot.

Either way, they bought a ticket and won so fair play. You would always like to see someone who needs it win it, but at the end of the day, it's a lottery and only a begrudger would lose any sleep over certain people winning it.

Exactly look everyone is entitled to play the lotto and if thet win well they win.

I think the majority of people here won't lose sleep over whoever wins it.

However it is only natural when the person who won it comes from money herself and is in financially secure position at the moment ( and right they may not have been millionaires before the win but they certaintly were not struggling to pay bills before this - no matter what they may say or people who know of them might say either) people will be thinking that is a bit unfair as you would like to see people who could do with a break and a bit of money winning it - recently unemployed etc.

Anyway ce la vie good luck to them with it. Won't have to worry about any bills for a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Oh yeah I know who everyone is saying won it but sure there's always someone saying someone won it. My mother won it a few times sure. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

jealousy will get you no where, what's your cut off for to be "someone who needs money"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Exactly look everyone is entitled to play the lotto and if thet win well they win.

I think the majority of people here won't lose sleep over whoever wins it.

However it is only natural when the person who won it comes from money herself and is in financially secure position at the moment ( and right they may not have been millionaires before the win but they certaintly were not struggling to pay bills before this - no matter what they may say or people who know of them might say either) people will be thinking that is a bit unfair as you would like to see people who could do with a break and a bit of money winning it - recently unemployed etc.

Anyway ce la vie good luck to them with it. Won't have to worry about any bills for a good while.

My thoughts too, ideally you want someone who is struggling and doesn't have a massive mortgage for a mansion etc. someone who just had an average house and was struggling through no fault of their own.

Advertisement