Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempest: Street Fighter Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Did we just get spammed for a tournament that came from this forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭OniKen

Come fight at Tempest's 15th tournament in cork. Lots of free food, drinks (soft drinks) and the Mardyke Bar is a fine venue.

Tempest Trailer:
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151175458816575

Orim wrote: »
    Did we just get spammed for a tournament that came from this forum?

Not really, its a thread to chat about tempest. If I don't tell people about it though, no one will know about it and the new face book page is a good way to get people (even non tournament players) interested :)

OniKen wrote: »
    Not really, its a thread to chat about tempest. If I don't tell people about it though, no one will know about it and the new face book page is a good way to get people (even non tournament players) interested :)

So what's this?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056760833

I get what you're doing and I applaud it. I just found it funny because like I said the tournament was created by people from this forum (I think I may have named it) and it seemed like a very spammy style post.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Fair play for being proactive about this man, it's just that we have had threads here for every Tempest since the beginning!

Ye are doing great things down there :)

• Advertisement

So what's this?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056760833

I get what you're doing and I applaud it. I just found it funny because like I said the tournament was created by people from this forum (I think I may have named it) and it seemed like a very spammy style post.

I know most of the people from tempest, I'v go to as often as I can since sai was hosting it (depending on work). Yeah, I didn't mean for it to come out spammy, didn't really know how else to word it to get people interested lol. Honestly I just want people to chat about it and be interested in irish street fighter tournaments (hence the face book page to get people who already aren't tournament players interested in going)... also I don't appreciate you posting my own face book profile to people...

also I don't appreciate you posting my own face book profile to people...

Wasn't me mate.

I totally appreciate what you're doing, just struck me as funny.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Fair play for being proactive about this man, it's just that we have had threads here for every Tempest since the beginning!

Ye are doing great things down there :)

Ive known Shokashi for about 5 years now Id say lol And Sai for almost as long. Iv put his boards post with the details and stuff on the face book page too.

Wasn't me mate.

I totally appreciate what you're doing, just struck me as funny.

Its cool, have you gone to many tempest tournaments?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Its cool, have you gone to many tempest tournaments?

Orim used to run the Dublin tournaments until they drove him insane, ran into the wilderness tearing off his clothes and has never been seen again.

• Advertisement

I've only made it down to one. It seemed to clash with other things a lot and lately I just haven't been playing much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I've only made it down to one. It seemed to clash with other things a lot and lately I just haven't been playing much.

Best drive home ever...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Bwok bwok bwok

Best drive home ever...

Only for fans of Avril Lavigne :pac:
    Sairus wrote: »
    Bwok bwok bwok

Always the big talk when no one can get to the same tournaments as you :P

also I don't appreciate you posting my own face book profile to people...

I just re-read this and understand the context now. Are you talking about this?

That's a joke and has nothing to do with you. Or Shokashi or anyone else. It's a link that redirects to your own profile. If you click on it, you see your profile. If I click on it I see my profile.

Also it's nearly two years old at this stage. I'm really lost as to why this is suddenly being brought up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Just to point out this thread could be used to discuss general Tempest related things like that room in FAS Waster was on about and the like. Similar to the "How we run tournaments thread". Tempest threads can be about who's going on who can bring what and a thread like this will save on having to discuss things during tournaments where there are more pressing issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

mackg wrote: »
    Just to point out this thread could be used to discuss general Tempest related things like that room in FAS Waster was on about and the like. Similar to the "How we run tournaments thread". Tempest threads can be about who's going on who can bring what and a thread like this will save on having to discuss things during tournaments where there are more pressing issues.

Well the FAS room is 80 euros a month. That's an extra 20 euros. Don't get me wrong its a good idea cause that means we could do more casuals there and there shouldn't be a time limit either. And to top it off you could bring your own food.and.drink too....... hmmm to be honest I think I missed a good.deal there. :(

Shokashi wrote: »
    Well the FAS room is 80 euros a month. That's an extra 20 euros. Don't get me wrong its a good idea cause that means we could do more casuals there and there shouldn't be a time limit either. And to top it off you could bring your own food.and.drink too....... hmmm to be honest I think I missed a good.deal there. :(

The mardyke is an excellent choice. 60 quid with lots of good food and drink built into the price, plus its a real nice spot. Thats just me though :)

The mardyke is an excellent choice. 60 quid with lots of good food and drink built into the price, plus its a real nice spot. Thats just me though :)

I think the Mardyke is an incredibly appealing venue! Don't move!

By the looks and sounds of it Mardyke is a much nicer spot for tournament.

You could always keep the FAS place for casuals anyway. At eighty quid if you do get free rein of the room it's really not that expensive. Although this depends on how many people you would get and how often.

I'd definetely look into the FAS room because the offer is crazy. TBH I can't see being completely accurate, must be something else there.

• Advertisement

You could always keep the FAS place for casuals anyway. At eighty quid if you do get free rein of the room it's really not that expensive. Although this depends on how many people you would get and how often.

I'd definetely look into the FAS room because the offer is crazy. TBH I can't see being completely accurate, must be something else there.

It's a red area. Drunks, drugs and muggings other than that........... not much

Would it be safe to park a car there?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Would it be safe to park a car there?

Well the mardyke are seems safe to me, but the other does not. Mind you it.depends if you have a secured car.

Could help attract the dublin crowd. We'll be right at home with that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I'm going to concur in regards to the venue. Mardyke is an excellent choice. The FAS building might be a place to go for casuals but apart from the previous mentioned reasons regarding safety, I don't imagine the building being exactly warm in the winter. :pac:

Besides, what we have is pretty damn good, a more user friendly room ( it's not overlooking a public area - handy in case of a sodium level overload ) a warm building AND free food and drink? What else do you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I agree that Tempest is better off held in the Mardyke, it's a great venue. That FAS building would be ideal for casuals though. As it stands we are currently planning to have casuals in the Mardyke once a month, for an extra twenty quid we could have casuals as many times as we wanted in the FAS building. It also opens up the possibility of midweek casuals. That being said we don't know a whole lot about the rooms in FAS and their suitability.

However the usefulness of this is dependant on interest in casuals. If there is no interest in casuals happening regularly than the FAS building simply doesn't have any appeal over holding one set of casuals between Tempests at the Mardyke.

The FAS building is on Sullivan's Quay and is literally a stones throw away from the Grand Parade. That's slap bang in the middle of the city. Junkies aren't a problem at all in Cork. I've never really heard about muggings either. There is no part of the city centre I'd consider unsafe tbh. Maybe areas outside the city but Cork City centre is about as safe a one as your going to find.

Mardyke can also fit like 60 people and is a private room. Easier to relax and chat when your waiting for your turn too. Plus the food at the last tournament was overwhelming lol

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

I've caused a war! mwuahaha :pac::pac:

Well last casuals we had 10 people showed up, so we all chipped.in 6 euros.each. now to be honest it.works oit better if.you.think about it. When you go casuals you.would.want.to get some.food.and.a.drink at least. And.if.you order food like we tend to do on casuals, we will end.up.spending more then 10 euros each.

So at the mardyke. We got loads of.food 3 massive trays full and.to top it off 6 pitchers of soda...........just for 10 people. So for.6 euros for.ten people it is a brilliant deal. And cheaper in the end.
    Wee that is what I think but I could be wrong.

Sorry for.all the full stops. Hard to type on a phone.

• Advertisement

Shokashi,don't worry about it man. Make the decision you think is best and go with it. As long as stuff is running, it's all good.

Advertisement