Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Dual-Sim Android Phone

• 27-09-2012 12:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭

What is the best dual-sim Android phone available?

All I can find that seems decent is the Samsung Galaxy Y Duos, but its far too small for me.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

OK, I found the Acer Liquid Gallant Duo. Very impressive specs for a very good price. Reviews are also very good.

Looks like its the winner anyway.

EDIT: Yup, found it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I bought a magic-sim for when I was in the US - works with most phones

Worked a treat on stock (not so much once I put a custom Rom on it.)

So why limit yourself to a small dual sim phone when you can get any other phone you like better and use something like this?

http://www.magicsim.com/

Grassey wrote: »
    I bought a magic-sim for when I was in the US - works with most phones

Worked a treat on stock (not so much once I put a custom Rom on it.)

So why limit yourself to a small dual sim phone when you can get any other phone you like better and use something like this?

http://www.magicsim.com/

My girlfriend wanted a dual sim phone so I mistakenly bought a magic sim. However it apparently doesn't fit her needs as she wants two radios in the phone, that is both sims to be active at the same time.

Currently waiting for the Galaxy S duos to come in Stock on amazon.de. Apparently it won't be stocked in the UK so might be the same for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭big_drive

Otacon wrote: »
    OK, I found the Acer Liquid Gallant Duo. Very impressive specs for a very good price. Reviews are also very good.

Looks like its the winner anyway.

EDIT: Yup, found it too.

Did you buy this? What do you think of it? It's a phone I'm interested in hearing more about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Enrique2SIM

Hi,

There are many dual SIM devices in the market, so it results helpful define a price range to find out which model is the more convenient.

Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Dual SIM -
    Wiko Cink Five - €200 - JB 4.1
    Wiko Peax 2 - €170 - JB 4.1.2
    Wiko Stairway - €250 - JB 4.2.1

Amazon.fr - €10 delivery + Irish VAT of 3.4% difference over French VAT. (Looks like they don't have it the Stairway in stock fulfilled by Amazon at present - which gets you option to deliver to Ireland for €10 charge). Read the Amazon reviews and my post here

I have the Stairway and for me it's a fantastic phone. Both SIMs can be active at once. All the usual specs - Gorilla glass etc.
    I moved from a HTC Desire HD and more than happy with the choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Best bang for your buck has to be the Lenovo P770 that I had a couple of months ago. I reviewed it in one of the other threads, just check my posts.
    If I go for another android, I'll be buying this phone again to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Acer Liquid E2 Duo? €225 ish delivered. I got mine on Expansys.

Have to say it's a great phone for the money. Runs Jellybean 4.2.2.

Only difference I can see between the Gallant and the E2 is the camera (5Mp vs. 8Mp)

• Advertisement
Advertisement