Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some features on site not working properly?

Options
  • 27-09-2012 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Over the past few weeks, I have been noticing that some features are not working properly for me??

Sometimes, I am unable to edit my posts? I cannot seem to add smilies, or edit the text either?

I am also getting a pop-up message(may be not from boards?), asking if I want to "stop running this Script"?

I also have to keep pressing the F5 key to enable all the different tabs at the top of the screen to appear on screen??
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

Hi

Over the past few weeks, I have been noticing that some features are not working properly for me??

Sometimes, I am unable to edit my posts? I cannot seem to add smilies, or edit the text either?

I am also getting a pop-up message(may be not from boards?), asking if I want to "stop running this Script"?

I also have to keep pressing the F5 key to enable all the different tabs at the top of the screen to appear on screen??

Yeah.:confused: And I seem to be missing the "Previous Thread/Next thread" buttons/links, which I use religiously to read all the threads in a forum. Please can I have it back.:D:D

mickzer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

mickzer wrote: »
    Yeah.:confused: And I seem to be missing the "Previous Thread/Next thread" buttons/links, which I use religiously to read all the threads in a forum. Please can I have it back.:D:D

mickzer

TFFT. Thought it was just me??

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

mickzer wrote: »
    And I seem to be missing the "Previous Thread/Next thread" buttons/links, which I use religiously to read all the threads in a forum.

They were removed deliberately. Read a few of the other threads further down the Feedback Forum.

OP, posts can only be edited for 48 hours. After that you'll have to PM a mod of the relevant forum to edit the post for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

They were removed deliberately. Read a few of the other threads further down the Feedback Forum.

OP, posts can only be edited for 48 hours. After that you'll have to PM a mod of the relevant forum to edit the post for you.

Sorry, but is that the "Breadcrumbs" they keep talking about?
    If so, if they're not coming back then I'll be leaving.I find not having them THAT annoying.

mickzer.

I tried to edit the post only a couple of minutes after originally posting it.

EDIT: I'm still using the "old" version of the site if that's any help?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I tried to edit the post only a couple of minutes after originally posting it.

EDIT: I'm still using the "old" version of the site if that's any help?

That is a bit strange, to be fair. Might be worth mentioning in Site Development to see if the Tech guys can help you out.

Can I be switched over to the new look boards to see if it fixes the problem? It's wrecking my head each time I try to post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Click this link to change over: http://www.boards.ie/?styleid=-1

Advertisement