Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs and societies for men that meet regularly?

Options
  • 27-09-2012 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hello! Iv been browsing the internet and cannot seem to find anything in relation to clubs and societies for men, not necessarily older men but something that would interest middle aged men, and there can be women too.

I was hoping men on here could recommend some social/activity based clubs to me please? A club that meets regularly, whether it is pub meet ups, or hillwalking, history clubs, fishing etc....health/fitness

I would really appreciate it if you all could recommend some please! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

LynseyH wrote: »
    Hello! Iv been browsing the internet and cannot seem to find anything in relation to clubs and societies for men, not necessarily older men but something that would interest middle aged men, and there can be women too.

I was hoping men on here could recommend some social/activity based clubs to me please? A club that meets regularly, whether it is pub meet ups, or hillwalking, history clubs, fishing etc....health/fitness

I would really appreciate it if you all could recommend some please! :)
    Could try http://www.meetup.com, not strictly gents though.

• Administrators Posts: 53,728 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LynseyH

awec wrote: »
    What about a cycling club?

Any recommendations, yes that would be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

men's golf societies ... quite a few of them.

• Administrators Posts: 53,728 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    Not as likely to meet regularly over the winter though?

Well my last one met until December 12th last year and started again in March. The OP didn't specify it it needs to meet religiously all year round ........

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Might be worth looking at

http://www.menssheds.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 39 murhatchi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

maringo wrote: »
    Might be worth looking at

http://www.menssheds.ie/
    I was going to say this. Heard some guys on the radio talk about it when it started up.

Might be worth looking at clubs based around your interests too. The likes of motors clubs etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

murhatchi wrote: »
    A reallty nice bunch, I could defo recommend them, although I'll admit they may not be for everyones taste.

• Advertisement

smash wrote: »
    I was going to say this. Heard some guys on the radio talk about it when it started up.

Might be worth looking at clubs based around your interests too. The likes of motors clubs etc

Fascinating organisation - but why all the photos of woodwork ? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Piliger wrote: »
    smash wrote: »

Fascinating organisation - but why all the photos of woodwork ? :rolleyes:
    They make stuff....

Advertisement