Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a scam site?

Options
  • 27-09-2012 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

Don't really know where I should post this, but since it's got to do with hardware I'll give it a shot here. Mods feel free to move it if it's in the wrong place

I ordered a keyboard from onlinelaptopbatteries.co.uk. After more than a week I didn't recieve anything and after contacting them they agreed to send a second one, with a tracking number. However, that number isn't recognised on the Royal Mail site. So I did a small bit of googling of them and found this here

Title of Scam Website: bigfashionoutletScam Website URL: http://www.bigfashionoutlet.co.uk/Submitted By: Charlotte N.
    Date Submitted: 18-04-2012Report:

I ordered some underwear from this website on the 3rd of April and didnt receive it, I was charged through Sage Pay £10.99 and the contact number on the website is not genuine, there is no address on the website and there was no reply to my email over a week ago now.

Scam Websites Says:

One to be very wary of. Domain only registered in February 2012 with an Italian registrant contact details. Store is hosted by http://freewebstore.org
    No address details provided on the site. A Google of the phone number leads to www.onlinelaptopbatteries.co.uk, built using the same software and probably equally as dodgy. The site does genuinely use SagePay, however, and if you have any problems with getting goods it would be prudent to contact them. Payment methods include credit and debit cards, so providing you used a credit (not a debit) card, you will be protected against fraud by the card company.

What do ye reckon. I ordered through Paypal. Do I start looking at getting my money back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Site is dud now. Clear scam. Initiate a paypal claim NOW, include screenshots off all contact between the two of you. If they havent replied within 5 days, elevate the claim so the paypal reps will then see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

ED E wrote: »
    Site is dud now. Clear scam. Initiate a paypal claim NOW, include screenshots off all contact between the two of you. If they havent replied within 5 days, elevate the claim so the paypal reps will then see it.

Balls. First time I got caught like that. It's not a large amount of money, but I'd rather loose it on the street than have some scam artist have it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Remember Paypal aren't a bank and they don't have to abide by financial services rules. Have fun with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Remember Paypal aren't a bank and they don't have to abide by financial services rules. Have fun with them.

I've had to go through three claims before and they have always been superb. The arent regulated as much yes, but a few scare stories and all their business goes down the drain, so they keep the customer happy. Same goes for CC companies, they cover small losses just to keep the impression of internet shopping good(or so I've been told).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Just as an update. I was just about to start a claim when I checked one last time to see if the tracking number showed up on the Royal Mail site. I did, and the keyboard arrived this morning. What ever affiliation they have with that other scam site, www.bigfashionoutlet.co.uk it seems that they are not as dodgy as I thought

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

website doesn't appear to be gone either. The link is http://www.onlinelaptopbatteries.co.uk/

Advertisement