Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crystal Maze Phonebox?!

Options
  • 27-09-2012 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone else seen this and can they shed some light on it...

There's a phonebox at stephens green (near the luas stop) that has been made to look like crystal maze 'dome'. On either side of it there are clear boxes containing silver and gold 'tokens' that are being blown around and the crystal maze music is playing from it.

I think it's been there all week (or the last couple of days anyway) but I haven't seen anyone in it...

Has anyone else seen it or am I going crazy!? What's it for?! So tempted to go into it but afraid I'll end up on some cheesey hidden camera show :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Sounds like one of the Engage art pieces.

https://vimeo.com/49706608

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Thanks for that... such a great idea!

"Six Irish contemporary artists and designers have been commissioned to re-imagine these spaces and to reconnect our emotional ties with them"

I think it's working... I loved the crystal maze :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

woodchuck wrote: »
    Thanks for that... such a great idea!

"Six Irish contemporary artists and designers have been commissioned to re-imagine these spaces and to reconnect our emotional ties with them"

I think it's working... I loved the crystal maze :D

me too, but only with Richard O' Brien. there are rumours that its returning with him as the host

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

That sounds really cool, any chance you could take a pic the next time you're going by?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

me too, but only with Richard O' Brien. there are rumours that its returning with him as the host

Oh yeah, he's the only proper host :D Hopefully he'll come back!!
    That sounds really cool, any chance you could take a pic the next time you're going by?

Will try to remember next time I'm passing... hopefully it'll be 'on' :) (seems to like to turn itself off as I approach :P)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

There's one beside the wooly jumper shop down by Trinity. They painted the backdrop of the phone box over the front of it so if you look at it from a certain angle, its meant to look like the phone box isnt there, if you know what i mean.

They even have a paint line leading over to a little bollard that you're meant to sit on for the correct angle.

Advertisement