Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosewater

Options
  • 27-09-2012 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm making a Jamie Oliver Victoria sponge at the weekend and the recipe calls for a few drops of rose water. Would anyone know where I could get some, I've only ever seen it in gift shops where they sell drawer liners and that sort of stuff. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I think pharmacies usually sell it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

You can usually pick it up in Asian supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I am sure I saw it in the shop in the Muslim Cultural Centre in Clonskeagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mammyloulou

Thanks very much guys, I'll have a look tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I've seen it in Dunnes before but can't remember if it was in the baking section or one of the exotic food type section. I didn't like the flavour but I might of used too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭BabyBirch

They sell it in Fallon & Byrne too.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭vic20

The rose water you find in pharmacies is for use as a cleansing product and is not safe for human consumption.
    I think pharmacies usually sell it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

vic20 wrote: »
    The rose water you find in pharmacies is for use as a cleansing product and is not safe for human consumption.
    Oops!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ghartley

dunnes and superquinn have it in the baking section with the vanilla extract etc

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

i saw it today in the baking section in dunnes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pralini

you can also get it in marks & spencer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mammyloulou

Thanks everyone, had a look on Friday because I thought that I had seen it in the baking section in Dunnes but typically they didn't have on Friday and same with M&S. Also checked in the chemist in Clery's but they only had Rosewater Perfume. Anyway didn't mind too much in the end because I rather imagine it would be very strong especially if you put too much in? Still it's one of those things I'll have to get for the cupboard for future recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Thanks everyone, had a look on Friday because I thought that I had seen it in the baking section in Dunnes but typically they didn't have on Friday and same with M&S. Also checked in the chemist in Clery's but they only had Rosewater Perfume. Anyway didn't mind too much in the end because I rather imagine it would be very strong especially if you put too much in? Still it's one of those things I'll have to get for the cupboard for future recipes.

Make sure its food grade and not cosmetic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I got a bottle a while ago in the Asian food shop in Drury Street Dublin 2. Bought it mainly because I rarely see it in the supermarkets, then I didn't know what to do with it, so now you've helped me out. I'll pop a little into sponge mixes. What else do you use it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭vic20

http://www.shamrockfoods.ie/Recipes/Turkish-Delight-66.aspx
    Great for Christmas presents.

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    I got a bottle a while ago in the Asian food shop in Drury Street Dublin 2. Bought it mainly because I rarely see it in the supermarkets, then I didn't know what to do with it, so now you've helped me out. I'll pop a little into sponge mixes. What else do you use it in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Aw yumm! I love turkish delight! By the way, I saw a teeny weeny bottle of rose water in Dunnes yesterday in the baking section. Sinful price it was and only the size of a little bottle of vanilla essence. The bottle I got holds 190ml, made by East End Foods Ltd in the UK, I think I only paid a couple of euro for it. So glad I went into the Asian market now!

Advertisement