Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Terry verdict

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

Suarez got his eight match ban on balance of probabilities is that right? not caught on camera but word of mouth?

Terry Gets his ban for been caught on camera saying not meaning it but by repeating what was said to him?

I think the F.A need a new independent panel to investigate these independent panels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'd say the figure is relative to wages in JT's case.

I dont know where the FA got the 40K from Suarez though.

It wouldnt be like the FA to do such wacky things. :p

Well that's what I was thinking as in we fine you 1 or 2 weeks wages or whatever. I'm not sure what JT is on so I'm assuming 220k is a little more than his weekly wage and a bit less than his 2 week wage. Maybe it's 150% in which case the 40k for Suarez makes no sense. Not saying Suarez deserved more by any stretch but surely there should be consistency with the games and fines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Suarez admitted to saying it I'm not understanding why people don't get that?

I'd say the figure is relative to wages in JT's case.

I dont know where the FA got the 40K from Suarez though.

It wouldnt be like the FA to do such wacky things. :p

I think that was at the time one weeks wages for Suarez(could be wrong about that). So maybe one weeks wages for Terry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

So saying something racially offensive once only makes you a little bit racist but saying it four or five times makes you a bigger racist?

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that JT got away so lightly.

I can almost hear them in FA HQ.
    Lets ban him but not for too long because he is white, English, and he only called him a black cnut once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

iregk wrote: »
    Well that's what I was thinking as in we fine you 1 or 2 weeks wages or whatever. I'm not sure what JT is on so I'm assuming 220k is a little more than his weekly wage and a bit less than his 2 week wage. Maybe it's 150% in which case the 40k for Suarez makes no sense. Not saying Suarez deserved more by any stretch but surely there should be consistency with the games and fines.

I thought JT was on £120K a week so I suppose it is 2 weeks wages.

I'd be surprised if Suarezs weekly wage is £40k, its just hard to see where they got the figures from.

Interesting to see what Chelsea will do about it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Super-Rush wrote: »
    So saying something racially offensive once only makes you a little bit racist but saying it four or five times makes you a bigger racist?
    Mr Suarez's behaviour was far more serious than a single use of the word "negro" to address Mr Evra in a way which would be considered inoffensive in Uruguay.

Whats not to understand about the 4 game versus 8 game ban. :confused:

If Terry had repeated the racist remarks a number of times I'm sure the ban would reflect that.

Its tinfoil hat central here at times :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

so did terry!

They both claimed context was the issue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Nah both cases are treated the same way its just us delusional Liverpool supporters see things that aint there ...

x2_dac26d3

daily_mail_23_7_2012.jpg?w=580&h=405

• Advertisement

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/898045-racist-chelsea-fan-banned-for-abusing-didier-drogba

Will Chelsea do this to their player they did it to their fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

People don't understand the inconsistency!

Saurez admitted to saying it once but they charged him on saying it several times based on probability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

jaykay74 wrote: »

If Terry had repeated the racist remarks a number of times I'm sure the ban would reflect that.

Tinfoil hat me arse.

Whether you make racist remarks once or fifty times you are still a racist.

A little bit racist is it?

Complete bollocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Leiva wrote: »
    x2_dac26d3

that is quite brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Nah both cases are treated the same way its just us delusional Liverpool supporters see things that aint there ...

x2_dac26d3

daily_mail_23_7_2012.jpg?w=580&h=405

How ironic is that - The Daily Mail believing that a court of law was not being too lenient. 1st time for everything I suppose.

SlickRic wrote: »
    that is quite brilliant.

Lets see if tomorrows back pages get anywhere near this little beauty...

Mirror-headline.png

<image of the "RACIST" headline from The Mirror removed for some reason??? >

like my hole they will !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

ok, fine. Suarez said it more times, therefore by the FA's standards that means he's more racist than Terry.

can everyone else not see that's bollocks?

and that's not tinfoil hat stuff, and i'm not even suggesting the FA have it in for Suarez and/or Liverpool.

but at the very least, using the amount of times a word was used as a way of making Suarez's ban higher, therefore basically convicting him of being more racist than Terry, is a little bit retarded, no?

racism is racism is racism.

it's just pure ineptitude, and another example of FA making up shít as they go along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

jaykay74 wrote: »

Or if you read the FA statements it looks like Suarez broke 2 laws and Terry 1

Suarez broke FA Rule E3(1) and Rule E3(2) where as on Terry's statement he only broke FA Rule E3(2)

GENERAL BEHAVIOUR
    E3 (1) A Participant shall at all times act in the best interests of the game and shall not
    act in any manner which is improper or brings the game into disrepute or use any
    one, or a combination of, violent conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive,
    indecent or insulting words or behaviour.
    E3 (2) In the event of any breach of Rule E 3(1) including a reference to any one or more
    of a person’s ethnic origin, colour, race, nationality, faith, gender, sexual orientation
    or disability (an “aggravating factor”), a Regulatory Commission shall consider
    the imposition of an increased sanction, taking into account the following entry
    For a fi rst off ence, a sanction that is double that which the Regulatory Commission
    would have applied had the aggravating factor not been present.
    For a second off ence, a sanction that is treble that which the Regulatory
    Commission would have applied had the aggravating factor not been present.
    Any further such off ence(s) shall give rise to consideration of a permanent
    suspension.
    These entry points are intended to guide the Regulatory Commission and are not
    mandatory.
    The Regulatory Commission shall have the discretion to impose a sanction greater
    or less than the entry point, according to the aggravating or mitigating factors
    present in each case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

so did terry!

They both claimed context was the issue!
    I know but then people keep saying video evidence(Terry) v balance of probability(Suarez) which is ridiculous because they both admitted it. So it wasn't on the balance of probability at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Aren't the FA supposed to make public their reasons for the sentence? Shouldn't we wait until then?

The FA are a farce of an organisation! The video evidence was there for all to see, he should have faced a much longer ban than Suarez and instead 4 matches. Absolute disgrace.

• Advertisement

JT to score at the weekend, banker. ;)

JT to score at the weekend with bankers wife. ;)

fyp ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

The FA are money grabbing barstewards, that is all they wanted.

fyp ;)

Hopefully, he has a fine to pay and could do with the extar few bob. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

If Suarez admitted to saying it he should have got a reduced ban for pleading guilty. Terry should have had the book thrown at him. 12 match ban at the very least, he's had way too many chances to learn to behave.

Hopefully, he has a fine to pay and could do with the extar few bob. :pac:

I'm just hoping he ends up with Seany Fitz missus ..the shock when he realises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

ragecomic42.png

That_Guy wrote: »
    ragecomic42.png

Lampard's face is like OH **** get that woman away from him that's all we need now! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Anton Ferdinand is a joke of a player and its only a matter of time before the truth comes out

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭toxicity234

I think the Ban and Fine are about right for the crime.
    But Suarez ban was always too high anyway.
    A 4 game ban for suarez would have be about right as well but it was a Utd Player he said something to.
    So you know the FA, they didn't want to upset Sir Alex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Amazing that someone can be found guilty on the basis of absolutely no evidence for the offence (as demonstrated by the trial). Finding someone guilty on the balence of probability is a massive two fingers to needing proof and the concept of innocent until proven guilty. Its the way justice is done in places like N korea and iraq under saddam hussein.

And the UK and Ireland in the civil courts.

Edit: and it's not the way justice is done in places like N Korea and under Saddam Hussein.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

A 4 game ban for suarez would have be about right as well but it was a Utd Player he said something to.

Yep, clearly that's exactly what it is. Yawwwwn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

And fair play to the FA for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

You seen the bans United usually get from the FA? What a terrible post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

ok, fine. Suarez said it more times, therefore by the FA's standards that means he's more racist than Terry.

and that's not tinfoil hat stuff, and i'm not even suggesting the FA have it in for Suarez and/or Liverpool.

but at the very least, using the amount of times a word was used as a way of making Suarez's ban higher, therefore basically convicting him of being more racist than Terry, is a little bit retarded, no?

it's just pure ineptitude, and another example of FA making up shít as they go along.

and to compound it, they stated in their report that Suarez was not a racist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

I believe its only fair now that Anton Ferdinand be given JT's place in the England team :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The ban is way too short but at least he has been found guilty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Anton Ferdinand is a joke of a player and its only a matter of time before the truth comes out

What is "the truth" then?

Des wrote: »

?

• Advertisement

eigrod wrote: »

and to compound it, they stated in their report that Suarez was not a racist.

Labelling someone a racist would probably have legal implications.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

TBH im not surprised at the short ban.

He ha got away with murder for such long time on the field.

Terry should sue the FA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Terry should sue the FA

:D

On what grounds?

Are you going to ignore this question also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Terry should sue the FA

Dodging the above questions. If making statements back em up with some sort of substance

Terry should sue the FA

Because he cant make racist remarks?

Good one:pac:

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »
    :D

On what grounds?

Are you going to ignore this question also?
    why, what other question have i ignored?

He should sue for defamation of character as he has already been found not guilty by a court of law, being put under undue stress for having to go through the whole thing again, and just everything conencted with the farce that is the FA

Ferdinand is allowed to tweet clearly racist remarks and is not given the same punishment

Its a witch hunt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

David Moyes said it best - Kangaroo Court. No surprises with the verdict & punishment, both of which are laughable; business as usual with the FA. They're on a par with Blatter & Platini in the bizarre bullshít category.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Because he cant make racist remarks?

Good one:pac:

There's no proof that he made any racist remarks. If there were proof it would have been shown in court.

They found him guilty, not on proof, but on the balance of probability.

Thrill wrote: »
    There's no proof that he made any racist remarks. If there were it would have been shown in court.

They found him guilty, not on proof, but on the balance of probability.

every dog and cat knows what he said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

every dog and cat knows what he said.

What he is accused of saying.

• Advertisement
Advertisement