Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elliotts shop gone

Options
  • 27-09-2012 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭

Mate from Griffiths place text me earlier on to check boards to see what was happening with elliotts shop. It's the shop on the corner down by the dute factory.
    He said the guards where down there all morning.
    Just got a text off him now saying that supposedly the shop is gettif repossessed and the guards are there to make sure things don't turn nasty.I think that's really sad :(:(:( that's a grand little shop and the people in there where always friendly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Ah that's awful! I'd be in there most mornings on my way to dropping the kids up to the Mercy. A nicer couple you couldn't meet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Just went down that way meself to make sure . There was two fellas outside talking but the shop appeared to be open. Didn't go in or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

Ya, shop is still open.
    I live around the corner, I agree the shop is handy for some stuff, but way over priced on the simplest of things. I think ol' Tony had it way too good for too long and didn't roll with the punches

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭bullpost

Was that Bolgers back in the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Up2NoGood wrote: »
    Ya, shop is still open.
    I live around the corner, I agree the shop is handy for some stuff, but way over priced on the simplest of things. I think ol' Tony had it way too good for too long and didn't roll with the punches

The super blaa in there is class.
    I never speed down your direction haha.

I think it was named a few things over the years, don't remember it being bolgers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Yes it was formerly Bolgers.3 K- security men were still there at 5-30.Pity to see this happening to a couple trying to make a living.

Advertisement