Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Cheque time?

Options
  • 27-09-2012 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Quick question guys: I have AIB online banking. If I check "Statements" right now, I can see that a cheque was lodged on 26/9/12. However, the guy who lodged it for me is swearing he lodged it last Friday. Is it possible that he lodged it Friday and it just hasn't been processed yet?

Also, while the money is showing up in the statement, my balance hasn't been updated yet. Does anyone know how long this could take?

Thanks a million :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 BamBam92

Cheques take a few days to go through and considering it was the weekend maybe that was why??
    I'm not too sure about the balance updating mine one day would say I've less and the next day I've more! But I think it takes a day or 2! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

BamBam92 wrote: »
    Cheques take a few days to go through and considering it was the weekend maybe that was why??
    I'm not too sure about the balance updating mine one day would say I've less and the next day I've more! But I think it takes a day or 2! :)

True, maybe he was just after hours on Friday, but I still find it hard to believe that it hasn't shown up until yesterday. And yea the balance updating is what's really killing me right now, I've no idea how long it's going to take and I can't use it until it's updated! Stress...
    Anyways thanks for the reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 sensitive1960

It takes 2 working days for a cheque to clear from the same bank as yours and 4 days for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

But if he lodged it in the bank on friday, the transaction should be dated friday, or monday if it was too late to be processed. Unless the bank misplaced it for a few days, which isn't very likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Elfinknight

From my experience with AIB, their statements don't show the transaction date, just the posting date so if the cheque didn't clear until the 26th that would be the date that would be shown.
    At least that is how it works with the statements you get in the post. Gives me a headache when I'm trying to balance the household books.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Was in my local branch last week and they'd one of these machines you could lodge cash or a cheque at, I'm pretty positive it said if you lodge a cheque it would be in your account the next day. It sticks in my mind because I found it quite surprising.

Advertisement