Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Napoli - Lazio 3-0 - Miroslav Klose Scores With His Hand & Tells Referee To Disallow

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

It happened at 0-0 didnt it?

Reminds me of the Di Canio/Everton goalkeeper from a few years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Yeah it was 0-0. 3rd min of the game. Fair play to him but i can imagine him getting a bollicking from his manager. Plus the fans in Italy can be a little mad at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Saw that last night. Touch of class from the man. Shame they went on to get a kicking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

So rare you can use the term "class act" and "Lazio" in the same breath...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,992 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Neil3030 wrote: »
    So rare you can use the term "class act" and "Lazio" in the same breath...
    But its not, its Klose and class act.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Fair play to him. I doubt I would be so honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Stupid thing to do. Lazio are paying him to win football matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

The height of stupidity if you ask me, he's job is to do whats best for Lazio football club not win fairplay awards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

He probably needed a Napoli win for his midweek accumulator!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Rekop dog wrote: »
    He probably needed a Napoli win for his midweek accumulator!

He probably didn't back himself as first goalscorer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

To those who think he did wrong thing.

You be the first to call him a "Cheat" if it was against your club, and he did not own up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

You be the first to call him a "Cheat" if it was against your club, and he did not own up.

This.

Can't believe some of ye think he should have kept shtum.

Must go back to the Ireland V. France matchthread to see what ye're views that night were....

Fair play to him. Not often you see such integrity in the game these days.

Without joking there's definitely a >0% chance it was betting related and to disagree would be naive

wnolan1992 wrote: »

This.

Must go back to the Ireland V. France matchthread to see what ye're views that night were....

Neither of you are really hitting the mark with this. Players shouldn't intentionally cheat like Henry did, but they shouldn't be doing the job of referee either when things happen accidentally. He is paid to win games and do what Lazio and his manager want him to do. When he plays voluntarily for free, then he can start imposing his own morals on the rest of the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I have have told them too, I'd be sound out like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

I was watching this live when it happened, I couldn't believe it when he told the ref. He was home and hosed, the Napoli players were around the ref protesting for maybe 20seconds when Klose went up and told the ref. Pretty stupid thing of him to do though tbf

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

CSF wrote: »
    Stupid thing to do. Lazio are paying him to win football matches.

Exactly, winning at football. Hes not being paid to cheat.
    Win by playing football or play some other game.

He was dead right. Too many cheats in the game, at all levels.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I can't make out anything in that clip, either the handball from any angle or Klose telling the referee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I hate the ruthlessness from some people at times, the 'He's an idiot to tell the ref' and 'win at all costs' stuff. You'd swear this was the only way every team has won things. It was a huge piece of sportsmanship from Klose and he should be commended for it.

This.

Please do check, I said then that Henry was dead right and if he was Irish and had done it we would have made him a fcukin National hero out of him and had a great laugh about it and my view on it hasn't changed on it in the slightest.

In this instance imagine your the Lazio chairman how do you fell then? Or worse still your the manager who's job is dependant on results?

• Advertisement

Please do check, I said then that Henry was dead right and if he was Irish and had done it we would have made him a fcukin National hero out of him and had a great laugh about it and my view on it hasn't changed on it in the slightest.

In this instance imagine your the Lazio chairman how do you fell then? Or worse still your the manager who's job is dependant on results?

I feel proud that my player isn't willing to cheat to win.

I get what you and others are saying, I do. But I don't believe there's any glory in winning unfairly, and I would say the same even if Ireland had won in the same circumstances as France.

And at the end of the day, I don't give a crap what the chairman/manager thinks. Sportsmanship goes a long way, and should be commended when it's on display, not scoffed at.

And at the end of the day, I don't give a crap what the chairman/manager thinks. Sportsmanship goes a long way, and should be commended when it's on display, not scoffed at.

You must make a wonderfull employee :rolleyes:

You must make a wonderfull employee :rolleyes:

I'm not an employee of a football club. I'm a fan of football.

I'm not an employee of a football club. I'm a fan of football.

Yes but we're not discussing you we are talking about Klose, who is an employee of Lazio. Football is a bussiness now whether you or I like it or not.

Yes but we're not discussing you we are talking about Klose, who is an employee of Lazio. Football is a bussiness now whether you or I like it or not.

Well I couldn't give a toss about the business side of it. I always think it's great when a player shows integrity like this, and shows that they're not all money-grabbing pr1cks, that there still are some decent people left in the game that are doing it for the love of the game. (of course I'm assuming here that there is no betting side story)

The day my opinion on this changes is the day I stop watching football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Already posted this last night in Serie A thread.

I have to commend Klose for admitting the use of his arm, although had he got away with it he would have been nothing more than a cheating fcuk.

It was the closest Lazio came to scoring all night!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Without joking there's definitely a >0% chance it was betting related and to disagree would be naive

I dunno, what could be his possible angle? That Lazio weren't supposed to score or Napoli first goal or something?

There's a lot of sh1te in Italian football, but it tends to come from people brought up in the system, not someone who would have moved over recently and was already a household name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

fairplay to him, you have to admire it.

Not his job to make decisions for the ref though and I imagine he did get a bollicking from his manager

He should put double locks on his door from now on. This is lazio after all, I dont like the odds on his lifespan with some of their fans around the place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Looks to me as though Lazio should have had a penalty for the defender reefing out of Klose.

• Advertisement

carlop wrote: »
    I dunno, what could be his possible angle? That Lazio weren't supposed to score or Napoli first goal or something?

There's a lot of sh1te in Italian football, but it tends to come from people brought up in the system, not someone who would have moved over recently and was already a household name.

That they weren't supposed to win! He's been there for a good while now, enough time to become corrupted. Shouldn't have to be this cynical but it goes with the territory unfortunately and in the business I'm in I know than most is all I'll say.

carlop wrote: »

That they weren't supposed to win! He's been there for a good while now, enough time to become corrupted. Shouldn't have to be this cynical but it goes with the territory unfortunately and in the business I'm in I know than most is all I'll say.
    Prostitute?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Well in the business im in i know more than you......

see what i did there ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Part of me can't ignore the amusing coincidence that this was against Napoli.... Guy scores a goal with his hand.... bunch of Neapolitans crowd around him and have a few words.... all of a sudden the guy goes up to the ref and fesses up....

<hums Godfather tune>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Looked like deliberate handball to me. Also looked like he only confessed because he knew he'd been caught. Nothing honourable here at all. Ref should probably have carded him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

If the ref awarded the goal, then it should have stood. Also, Klose should have been booked for admitting handball.

Fair play to him all the same though. Not many would do the same.

As for the do gooders here, I am pretty certain if one of your players did the same in a game at 0-0 you would probably got mad. I know I would.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I say fair play to him, pity it's a rather rare exception.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think he should be commended. If a snooker player fouls, more often than not they admit it to the ref. This is good sportsmanship.

Advertisement