Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nixers

Options
  • 27-09-2012 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi im a young carpenter and havent done that many nixers as i was always busy with work. now work is gettin scarce and im starting to do nixers. the problem is i was working with a big company and so was given all the materials i needed. im not sure how to price jobs so im looking for anyone with more experience to advise me roughly what to charge for things like hanging doors, skirting,architraves, flooring etc. I dont want to rip anyone off but dont wanta rip myself either. any replies would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

What would you be happy with on an hourly rate? If you do some work for people let them supply the materials. That way if something should go wrong and they refuse to pay you your only down on time and not money.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 paddydoherty

yeah thats a better way of doin it. I should just estimate how long the work would take and charge in or around wat id earn in my job maybe a bit less? yeah il make sure they buy materials before i start.. cheers mate

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭slpower01

I think most people are in the same boat as yourself... Guess it depends on the job, I usually do that give a price + materials, start off cheap to get repeat business... I think the typical is 70-100 a day as there is always someone willing to work for 50 a day. And the minimum usually 40 euro with the lads I know anyway for just basic stuff (change a lock etc)

Advertisement