Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question about Kurio Tablet?

• 27-09-2012 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I want to get an android tablet for my son. Have looked at a few and while I do like the look of the Kurio, I want to get him something that is child friendly, it is way over budget!
    Now my husband is going to America soon, so my question is if he got an American one, would it work here?? It's a fraction of the price over there.
    I am clueless about these things, so would appreciate any advice!

Or would I be better off just getting a Child Pad altogether?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I want to get an android tablet for my son. Have looked at a few and while I do like the look of the Kurio, I want to get him something that is child friendly, it is way over budget!
    Now my husband is going to America soon, so my question is if he got an American one, would it work here?? It's a fraction of the price over there.
    I am clueless about these things, so would appreciate any advice!

Or would I be better off just getting a Child Pad altogether?

The Nabi 2 looks decent. Thread here

Review

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

IF you buy a tablet or laptop, from usa, you,ll need a 220volt to usa power adaptor for the charger.
    they use 110v in the usa.
    http://www.amazon.com/HDE-Travel-Voltage-Converter-Adapter/dp/B001AHTEEU
    if you bring a tablet here by post you may be charged customs duty on it.20 per cent approx.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 The Cats Mother

Thanks a mill for the replies. Going to look at all the options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Avoid brand x , cheap tablets as thier battery life is short,
    go for a brand name tablet,archos etc read at least 3 reviews on a uk or irish website .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

riclad wrote: »
    IF you buy a tablet or laptop, from usa, you,ll need a 220volt to usa power adaptor for the charger.
    they use 110v in the usa.
    http://www.amazon.com/HDE-Travel-Voltage-Converter-Adapter/dp/B001AHTEEU
    if you bring a tablet here by post you may be charged customs duty on it.20 per cent approx.

Most adapters for small gadgets actually can handle both 110v and 230v, I can use my Lenovos charger with just a pin changer. Its really important to check before you plug it in however, as you can get a fire otherwise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement