Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Composer/production competitions?

• 27-09-2012 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

I'm finding it though find some decent composing and production competitions and everytime I hear about them they're gone. What should I be keeping an eye out for?

Can anyone list any current ones or ones coming up later in the year?

Thanks guys :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Why oh why oh why would anyone want to enter one of those ? double_facepalm-300x240.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Mcjmetroid wrote: »
    I'm finding it though find some decent composing and production competitions and everytime I hear about them they're gone. What should I be keeping an eye out for?

There are a few websites dedicated to listing remix competitions like http://www.remixcomps.com/

But there are more. It's a general marketing technique for virtually everyone these days to do a remix competition. The idea is you'll do the remix and then spam all your friends, promoting the artist in the process.

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Why oh why oh why would anyone want to enter one of those ?

If you're producing dance music. They're very good exercises in getting you to produce completed tracks, to a professional (okay, professionalish) standard.

Is there any chance of money, or stardom?.......Absolutely not.

Are any of the tracks in these competitions worth remixing?.......Generally no.

Is the whole music thing really depressing these days?........incredibly.

I saw George Shilling interview George Shilling on his website. He said with record company budgets being cut, he ended up mixing albums in his box room. (And interviewing himself). I think it's kind of difficult to make anything sound that epic from a box room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Yes - ole George is a good one.

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Yes - ole George is a good one.

He has made some records I really love.

• Advertisement
Advertisement