Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-MOBILE ABYSMAL CUSTOMER CARE (Lost Customer)

Options
  • 27-09-2012 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

Well having been a past customer of E-Mobile about 2 or 3 years ago I had problems with there service and left to go with Three mobile but I decided to return to E-Mobile about 6 months ago and give them another try because I fancied there thirty 20 offer.

Anyway E-Mobile have a 1743 number that I call once a month which has an automated answering service with my visa card details saved. I just enter a 4 digit passcode and top up €20 once a month for the Thirty 20 plan, nice and simple and no issues with E-Mobile since re-joining

Yesterday I rang this 1743 number to top up and instead of the automated answering service I was put through to a customer care representative. I queried with the rep why this was happening and she expalined the need to verify my details. Fair enough, I gave her my details and visa card number etc and she went ahead and topped me up for my Thirty 20 plan.
    Job done I hung up and got a text 3 mins later to say ive been topped up by €30..EH WHAT?? Straight away I rang back and spoke to a rep who put me through to a speciality team. A rep informed me that it was a mistake and I would be re-imbursed €30 onto my visa card which will take 3-5 days. I queried that I was only owed €10 but he said that €30 will be returned. Fair enough..happy out.

Today I was doing some routine transfers on my online banking website and noticed that in fact E-Mobile debited my visa card €30 and €20 so in fact took FIFTY EURO off me for a €20 top up for a plan that I have been on since joining so they were well aware of what amount was to be debited.

Well I was lived and rang customer care and had to explain this situation to two different reps untill finally been transfered to the speciality team, explained the situation again to a rep and tried to negotiate a return of the €30 through an E-Mobile Outlet because I was in need of the funds this week. He insisted it would be returned to my visa debit card which will take 3-5 days so leaves me out of pocket this week. Received no apology for there mistaske or perhaps a gesture of goodwill by offering free credit etc. Some cheek so Lets just say my choice of language on the phone wasnt of the civil sort.

Im livid over the abysmal customer care and as soon as my monthly offer is finished ill take my money elsewhere besides E-Mobile/Meteor. Good riddance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

corcaigh1 wrote: »
    Well having been a past customer of E-Mobile about 3 years ago I had problems with there service and left to go with Three mobile but I decided to return to E-Mobile about 6 months ago and give them another try because I fancied there thirty 20 offer.

Anyway E-Mobile have a 1743 number that I call once a month which has an automated answering service with my visa card details saved. I just enter a 4 digit passcode and top up €20 once a month for the Thirty 20 plan, nice and simple and no issues with E-Mobile since re-joining

Yesterday I rang this 1743 number to top up and instead of the automated answering service I was put through to a customer care representative. I queried with the rep why this was happening and she expalined the need to verify my details. Fair enough, I gave her my details and visa card number etc and she went ahead and topped me up for my Thirty 20 plan.
    Job done I hung up and got a text 3 mins later to say ive been topped up by €30..EH WHAT?? Straight away I rang back and spoke to a rep who put me through to a speciality team. A rep informed me that it was a mistake and I would be re-imbursed €30 onto my visa card which will take 3-5 days. I queried that I was only owed €10 but he said that €30 will be returned. Fair enough..happy out.

Today I was doing some routine transfers on my online banking website and noticed that in fact E-Mobile debited my visa card €30 and €20 so in fact took FIFTY EURO off me for a €20 top up for a plan that I have been on since joining so they were well aware of what amount was to be debited.

Well I was lived and rang customer care and had to explain this situation to two different reps untill finally been transfered to the speciality team, explained the situation again to a rep and tried to negotiate a return of the €30 through an E-Mobile Outlet because I was in need of the funds this week. He insisted it would be returned to my visa debit card which will take 3-5 days so leaves me out of pocket this week. Received no apology for there mistaske or perhaps a gesture of goodwill by offering free credit etc. Some cheek so Lets just say my choice of language on the phone wasnt of the civil sort.

Im livid over the abysmal customer care and as soon as my monthly offer is finished ill take my money elsewhere besides E-Mobile/Meteor. Good riddance.
    I can understand why you are annoyed and you should have received an apology. In relation to the refund, I don't know of any company who will refund a CC transaction and pay out cash in lieu. its just not the way the system works.
    Would assume that there was an error with CS when you asked for the 30/20 plan, it shouldn't happen but its not beyond the imagination that there could have been a drop in call quality.
    Moral of the story; make sure that before anything is processed that you get the rep to repeat the details to you, not just with emobile but any company that you deal with on the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

swampy353 wrote: »
    I can understand why you are annoyed and you should have received an apology. In relation to the refund, I don't know of any company who will refund a CC transaction and pay out cash in lieu. its just not the way the system works.
    Would assume that there was an error with CS when you asked for the 30/20 plan, it shouldn't happen but its not beyond the imagination that there could have been a drop in call quality.
    Moral of the story; make sure that before anything is processed that you get the rep to repeat the details to you, not just with emobile but any company that you deal with on the phone

I can assure you the customer service rep clearly stated "shall I proceed with a top of €20". And she surely would have known from the system what plan I am on so why she topped me up by €30 and managed to take €50 instead of the €30 from my debit card is beyond me.

I understand that they can only refund me via the debit card but the fact there was no apology or gesture of goodwill on there part when its clearly there f**k up is what has me vexed.

Advertisement