Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixcloud, help please

Options
  • 27-09-2012 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me why the mixcloud app (on iPhone) keeps stopping after about 2min of play? I downloaded this app about a year ago and it's never worked properly. I've reloaded it, turned on lower band with but no joy. It's wrecking my head because I really want to listen to some of the mixes on there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Mick0

C'mon, somebody must know something, or at least direct me to the fountain of knowlege😄
    Mick0 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me why the mixcloud app (on iPhone) keeps stopping after about 2min of play? I downloaded this app about a year ago and it's never worked properly. I've reloaded it, turned on lower band with but no joy. It's wrecking my head because I really want to listen to some of the mixes on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

It's a bug that they never fixed I'm afraid. It typically happens to me when I'm streaming via 3G. I imagine it is because the application is not able to handle the heavy network usage and it can't revive the stream, probably because its poorly programmed. The Mixcloud app always annoyed me anyway because of the sheer lack of a skip function.

While you're at it, please listen to some of my old radio shows, they're all posted up on Mixcloud. :)
    Here the link to my profile page, happy listening if you decide to check it out. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Mick0

Yeah that's a real pain, especially when the main site requires flash (ok there's ways around this). Thanks for that and I will check out your stuff.

Advertisement