Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best places to study abroad - Erasmus

Options
  • 27-09-2012 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

I've read a lot of the past Erasmus student's description of their years abroad in various different countries.

For a law student where would be the best places to apply, and perhaps get the best opportunities out of ?

I would like to go internationally rather than to Europe, as I've read you obtain international/European degrees, does this mean one can practice in that country?
    Or does this even have any advantage?

I realize studying a broad might be a hefty expense and am wondering if it has many advantages work wise, ie: opening new opportunities etc ?

I'm also tying between the USA or Australia, does anyone have any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Well, Erasmus only counts for going to European countries. You can still go to other international places like USA or Australia, but it wouldn't be other Erasmus.

I can't really comment about the Law side of things, but I just study Geography and Politics and I just returned from my Erasmus year in Barcelona. It was absolutely fantastic and I'd reccomend it to anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

If you're in Law check your connect, Claire O Shea has put up some diaries of people from Erasmus last year talking about their experience in various places, see which ones you kinda connect with.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭edgal

I just returned from my Erasmus year in Barcelona. It was absolutely fantastic and I'd reccomend it to anyone!

Great thanks! Were you fluent in Spanish going over ? A majority of the European countries I've looking at seem to teach through the native language.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

edgal wrote: »
    Great thanks! Were you fluent in Spanish going over ? A majority of the European countries I've looking at seem to teach through the native language.

Nope! You don't really need the language. Although, classes were through Catalan/Spanish, you kinda pick it up as you go along.

Advertisement