Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Stair-Gate (Need Advice)

• 27-09-2012 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I have been doing a bit of thinking about my grandmother who suffers from Alzheimers. She needs a lot of care and has lost 100% of her independence. My Uncle is living in the house with her but he is having trouble sleeping because she is prone to waking up during the night and pottering around. We are afraid she will fall down the stairs during the night. I was wondering if there is an adult version (Taller) of a Stairs-Gate. I have discussed this with my mother and we are fairly sure she would not be able to open it. I have been doing a bit of looking around but I can only seem to find pet gates and child gates. Has anyone come across something like what I am looking for? I cant think of another solution, any advice, help, or opinions would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Try contacting the Alzheimers Society - they might be able to refer you to somebody local who can give advice, or maybe even your public health nurse or an occupational therapist.

Advertisement