Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good cork resturant? Please help

Options
  • 27-09-2012 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi folks,
    I am going out for a meal with the GF to celebrate our one year anniversary and i want to go somwhere a bit special/romantic, the thing is, most of these places serve food which she is not into (fancy stuff with weird hit and miss ingredients), so i am wondering is there any romantic/nice resturants in Cork city that serve simple foods (poppies and ham etc) and its important the resutrant is romantic or fancy. So far i struck electric off the list among others, i am currently considering Jacques by the GPO. Please help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Strasbourg Goose!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rogertuohy

Colibri wrote: »
    Strasbourg Goose!

I saw on two other websites people constantly saying stay away from there, saying the food was barely edibile?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rogertuohy

I just had a look at the actual strasbourg goose reviews and they seem to be very good, i think i may have a winner! thanks alot for the reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Might be a bit of schlep but Ballymaloe would tick all the boxes (other than being in the city). You could really impress her by staying the night out there too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Sorry rogertuohy, but the Cork City forum is the correct place for this thread. However, the topic is absolutely done to death there, and there's a current thread on this exact topic. So I'm just going to close this thread, and please use the search function in the Cork City forum to find more recommendations.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement