Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this power supply any good?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well TBH, I googled it and nothing nowhere about it. Dont skimp on the PSu mate it will break your heart, get a recognised manufactuer as they have makes and models for all price ranges.

Too many people skimp on the PSu in favour of a better GPU etc and it burns them in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

I went for an Super Flower Amazon 80+ in the end :) Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Hmm, I would never buy a eu24 power supply....I'd be afraid to!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭murphthesmurf

Bit off topic, but the website you linked to in the op, do they ship to Ireland and have any of you used them, thanks.
    They have a graphics card that I've been looking for but couldn't find anywhere in Ireland and only Ebuyer in the UK who dont ship to Ireland.

I partly answered my own question, the do ship to Ireland. I managed to find the info in the end. From what I've read on their site, the vat included in the price is the German vat of 19%, so this would have to change to the Irish rate of 23%, plus 5.99 shipping costs. Plus I think a 3% charge for paying by card or Paypal. Starting to sound a bit like RyanAir.
    So to answer the rest of my question, what are they like?
    Price seems reasonable. The card I'm looking at is this one http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=64925&agid=1156 Gets great reviews. It's £410 sterling on Ebuyer, rough conversion is 515 Euro. So once the extras are added on its about the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

They dont charge the extra VAT, but the delivery charge is €18.99, but when youre ordering a lot its not bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

I partly answered my own question, the do ship to Ireland. I managed to find the info in the end. From what I've read on their site, the vat included in the price is the German vat of 19%, so this would have to change to the Irish rate of 23%, plus 5.99 shipping costs. Plus I think a 3% charge for paying by card or Paypal. Starting to sound a bit like RyanAir.
    So to answer the rest of my question, what are they like?
    Price seems reasonable. The card I'm looking at is this one http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=64925&agid=1156 Gets great reviews. It's £410 sterling on Ebuyer, rough conversion is 515 Euro. So once the extras are added on its about the same.

Do not get that card.

What are you looking for in a graphics card? Chances are you don't need that, the GTX 670 is just as good and is much cheaper. Hell, even the HD7950 when overclocked can put up a fight against it and you can find that for less than 300 euro!

Eboggles wrote: »
    Do not get that card.

What are you looking for in a graphics card? Chances are you don't need that, the GTX 670 is just as good and is much cheaper. Hell, even the HD7950 when overclocked can put up a fight against it and you can find that for less than 300 euro!

I want best performance and longevity. When I build my new system I dont intend to upgrade or spend any money on it for a long time.
    The 670 version of that card performs as well as a standard 680. But the overclock on the 680 gives it that extra edge. A review of the 670 verion I read was really good, they reckon the temps are 10 degrees C lower than the nearest competitor and it stays nice and quiet.
    I have a AMD/ATI card at the mo, its a 4870, bit of an antique now though, in a system with a Q6600 cpu. Building a new pc from scrath based on an IvyBridge i7 3770k. I have decided to go with the green team this time and get the benefit of Physx and the lower power consumption and thermals compared to the 7970 (plus supposedly better tessalation peformance, not an issue now but with a few new game engines on the horizon such as Unreal 4, tessalisation may get used a lot more). Not got any of the parts yet, but spent the past 12 months window shopping. I could get very close performance wise using a 3570k and a GTX 670, but think I wanna go the whole hog and just build the best I can without going completely mad.
    I think now is a good time to upgrade, great choice of hardware at the moment, and with the next gen consoles on the horizon game makers amy start to make more use of the hardware available.
    Most of all, my current system is finding BF3 very hard work. It's 5 years old though, so couldn't expect any more, its served me well.
    18 QUID DELIVERY :eek: :eek: :mad: Thats harsh, it says 5.99 on the pages I looked at. Their prices are quite good though, a match for Scan.co.uk which is usually the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

You're overclocking? Get this. Will destroy the GTX 680 when overclocked, and the extra 1GB of Vram will come in handy a few years down the line.

Eboggles wrote: »
    You're overclocking? Get this. Will destroy the GTX 680 when overclocked, and the extra 1GB of Vram will come in handy a few years down the line.

A lad in the gaming clan I'm in bought one of those, and his mrs bought him another as a wedding anniversary present so he can put the 2 of them in crossfire !!!
    From the reviews I've read there nothing in the 680 and 7970GHZ. I read a review between that card and the MSI Lightning GTX680. Think it was either Tomshardware or X-bitlabs, the conclusion was there's nothing between them. One would be better than the other in one game, but in the next game it would be vice versa. The card I linked to has the same clock rates as the MSI. I will overclock in the future when a bit of extra oomph will be nice. I did the same with my current pc. Ran it as standard for a while, then overclocked the cpu, then the gpu to keep it upto pace, its a good way of extending the life of the pc I think. Found the limit of the HD4870 though when I started to get black snow across the screen in game :D .
    The only real benefit of the GTX 680 I feel is the lower power consumption, and lower thermals. Plus the card I linked to will be quieter than that 7970 as they tend to be noisier. I'm leaning towards the green team this time I think. Although would save 50 quid if I went for the Sapphire. But would lose Physx (which isn't major, although I heard Planetside 2 is a game that may favour Nvidea as they have been involved in development, but wont be a very demanding game gpu wise)

• Advertisement
Advertisement